Chapter Fifty-five

Narrated by JASON

I placed my tray down on the table and looked right at my friends, my eyes lingered longer on Kin. Who gave me a small smile. I missed her, I wondered why she didn't pop by last night.

"And?" Maxwell asked me.

"Good morning, y'all,"

I immediately tapped into everyone's minds. "Finally!" I heard Cara say, "and? Jason?"

"There is a tunnel. I'll try to find out more about it, 'cause from what I could pick up is that it's complicated to escape,"

"All will be well. Honestly, we will be able to breath again," Kin said. She then looked at me, "did you get a hold of your mom?"

I shook my head, "she's tricky. I have no idea how to reached her. It makes me so furious. "

Kin looked at me with worry in her eyes, she reached out her hand and held mine. "You will find her. Just try harder."

I nodded my head, "I think I'll hang out with, Dr Hart today. Play some chess."

Hayden nodded her head, "I think that's wonderful." Then she said in my mind, "don't get attached now. If she doesn't wanna help us out, you're going to have to force her."

I looked at them all, a wave of shock running through me. "Force? Me? Why?"

"With this mental power," Maxwell shared, "I think you can control her entire body?"

Kin nodded her head, "yeah. Zombies can control up to three people at a time. Depends on how powerful they are."

I shook my head and sighed, "I feel like y'all put too much pressure on me. I barely knew how to dig in Dr Hart's mind, now this?"

"But you figured it out," Kin told.

"Yeah," Cara agreed, "I'm sure all of this would come naturally to you. But, no pressure."

Still feels like I have so much to do. And I want to do it because of them, although I don't believe I can do it. How can I lead us out of here? I'm just a kid, weak one at that. A child who knows less than them about himself. Yet they feel like I'm the head of this operation. They know their powers, they know who they are. This pressure, this image that comes with my name is unfair. Because it's a lie. I'm nothing how I've been portrayed, but I don't want to let anyone down. So I'll have to try.

I finished my breakfast and went straight to my bedroom. I closed my door and laid on my bed, closed my eyes and tried again. I have to focus on Sarah, but why was Michael in my head instead? Have I grown attached so quickly? I miss him, Sarah won't believe her ears when she learns I was with Michael for a few days.

I can't believe that this is how my life ended up, I was an average boy. Now suddenly I was trained in a place for the undead, with my deceased father. My mother is a wanted innocent being, who's only crime was existing. I can already tell that if we start to bond, I will love her like crazy. I miss Sarah so much.

"I miss you too, Jason," my eyes quickly opened. I heard Sarah, have I done it? Was Sarah and I connected? "Yes, silly goose. Where are you? How are you? I'm so glad that you're safe. Is Kin with you? Are you two well fed? Warm at night?'