Chapter Twenty-five ⭐💚

Narrated by JASON:

I sat down on the low window sill in the room I share with nine other boys, just looking out at the complete darkness. The stars twinkled, capturing my attention. The moon was in half and the sky looked glorious. My mind was empty, for most of the time as I looked at the stars or the quiet trees a little off in the distance.

I heard branches rumbling and wondered what that could be. It doesn't matter, I'm behind high iron bars keeping everyone safe. I thought back about the dinner I had earlier that evening like someone placed that thought in my head and sighed. I had to admit, I enjoyed it. I loved how lively my family is. They're nothing like me which is amazing because they fill the empty silence I can't help but cause. I also liked my cousin a lot, and I could tell that he likes me too. I wished I could learn more about my father's real life and I wished that I could learn more about Fred as well.
I liked that Kin was there to accompany me and that my family seemed to love her. Why wouldn't they? She is warm and friendly and such a good person I think, that's why I wanted her to join ms.

"Jason?"

I heard a soft female voice but he wasn't sure where it came from and looked around me. "Hello?"

"No, silly. I'm inside your head,"

I slightly rose to my feet. Afraid. I have never encountered anything like this and wasn't ready to die.

"Relax. I won't hurt you, it's me... Sarah,"

I remained in my position for a few seconds and finally sat down again. I looked around at my roommates and in the room for her. I looked at the forest not so far but it was too dark to see anything. Maybe it was her that stepped on that branch a short while ago?

"Where are you?"

"No... try asking me the same question but from your head,"

"How?"

"Do you want to wake your roommates? Try thinking about talking to me and just say what you want with me in your head,"

I nodded my head and closed my eyes to focus. I've never done anything like this. I don't even know what this is. "Okay... oh my fucking god. I did it. I think.... oh my... um. Wow, this is weird. How is this even possible? Sarah?"

I heard her chuckling, it sounds different when people connect and speak from inside their minds.

"Sarah... How is this possible?"

"All zombies are connected to each other's brains. We have our GPS signal that binds us, but I had a witch a witch yours off because then any enemy could come and kill you,"

So they could just trace me? That's why she blocked my damn powers. Then there was silence. Like there always is when I'm involved. I wanted to see her, but she hides from me.

"Are you ashamed of me? Why don't you want me? Why'd you run when we went to see you? Shit... I didn't mean to ask you that, I was thinking it, yes but they were supposed to stay in my head. This is an invasion of privacy,"

She giggled, I could tell what her laughter was. It's like everything about me being awkward, is cute to her. "No, Jasie. I love you more than life itself and I live to see you safe and happy, but I didn't dare to face you and hear you cuss me out... I want you to be happy and I couldn't ever be ashamed of you because you come from me and so being ashamed of you would mean that I'm ashamed of myself. And I'm not ashamed of myself. I want, I am building a world where we can be together forever. Me you and your cute little descendants, little Kin vampire babies,"