Chapter Thirty-five 💋

Narrated by Vincent

Saskia invited everyone to the milkshake bar, a cute kawaii-themed restaurant where all the teens and college kids hang out. So it's always packed. I stopped her before we entered, "Saskia. Are we telling Jason what we saw?"

She didn't reply. She just looked at him through the glass window, then she shook her head. "No, we mustn't. He is still adjusting to the whole idea that he is a zombie and that we exist. It's new to him, and on top of that, Kin just got snatched. I think it'll be too much for him. "

I nodded my head. I agreed. "Okay. But he should take precautions though. "

"You're right. But what could he do? He doesn't even have any powers."

I opened my mouth and widened my eyes, "what? He's useless?"

She chuckled, "Don't say that. Let's go in. "

That's horrible. Imagine looking like a creep but it's all for nothing. He doesn't even have powers? Or special abilities? But how does Lemon know this?

Five minutes later and Saskia lowered her head to take a sip from her chocolate milkshake. Her eyes fell on all her friends sitting around her. Each took a sip from their drink, but unlike her, we used our straws. She once explained that she hates drinking milkshakes with straws, it's always too thick and takes longer to climb up to crawl into her mouth. And when it does, it jumps into her mouth in small amounts.

"Guys..." She spoke. Paul and Laura chuckled. Causing her to stop talking. "What?"

Laura snapped a picture faster than Saskia could look at her reflection in her pocket mirror. She saw the thick chocolate moustache, "haha, very funny. " she said dryly.

Laura giggled, "Yeah. Very, Imma post this on my Instagram and tag you, if you don't mind?"

Saskia replied by giving Laura a small smile. "Yeah, go ahead. "

Caitlyn chuckled. "You know she has like thousands of followers right?"

Saskia raised one of her bushy eyebrows. "What?"

Caitlyn nodded her head. "Yeah. Anyways, why are we all here?"

"Can't Saskia invite us for milkshakes unless there's some agenda?" Beverley questioned Cait.

"Okay," Saskia interrupted, "but this time I do wanna tell you, guys, something though," she faced me who stuck my straw into my mouth when I felt her eyes on me, "Or do you want to take the floor?"

I shook my head. "Nope, the honour's all yours."

"Can we just spit it out already?" Jason snapped.

"Vincent knows our secret. He's been knowing since...?" She stopped when she realised that she doesn't know that information, so like the rest, she looked at me for the answer.

"... The school reopened. Kin wore capes, which drew attention to herself. "

"Okay. Why are we using past tenses when referring, to Kin?" Jason raised a question in irritation.

I raised my hands as if surrendering. "Sorry, man. "

"How do you know our secrets though?" Laura wanted to know.

"You wear the zombie collar, Laura, the only person I wasn't sure about was, Paul. Werewolves are a bit tricky."

Paul blazed me with a fake smile, "Thanks, we try and hide our real identities from humans. They tend to be monstrous."

"But that's not the thing we should be asking," Beverley said, "can we trust him? Now that's the million-dollar question."

All eyes fell on me. I felt my throat get dry as a bunch of supernatural beings stared me down. I took a sip from my Pepsi and chortled nervously as I wiped my clammy hand on my pants. "Of course," I coughed and cleared my throat. I looked at them all individually, "Please don't kill me?"