Chapter Forty-five

Narrated by JASON

I woke up in a room, Dr Hart looking into my eyes. "Hey there sleepy head,"

Kin ran into the room and sat down next to me. She held my hand, "Jason. Thank God you're awake,"

"What happened?" I asked her. She looked over her shoulder at, Dr Hart.

"We put you into a coma,"

I frowned, "what for?"

"So that I could wake, Ryan,"

I sighed and closed my eyes. "Kin no, you didn't,"

She bit her lip and looked down, when she looked back at me, she looked so disappointed in herself. "I did, I had no choice,"

"You did. You just don't wake me!"

"Then you would've died!" She raised her voice at me, she never did that. She is always so gentle with me, I couldn't even fight back. "You don't deserve to die for him, you're a good person,"

She fiddled with her hands, so I softly grabbed them and looked into her eyes. "Thank you."

She grinned and got up. "I'll leave you for your check-up, come find us at breakfast."

I bounced my head and she left.

Doctor Hart came towards me and put the stethoscope on my chest.

"So," I said, "where is, Ryan now?"

"In his room, he's staying overnight and we're releasing him tomorrow,"

I frowned, how could they make that man walk? "I said he's not going to live,"

She chuckled, "what are you going to do?"

She finished up and soon I left for breakfast. I joined my new friends, but I still couldn't keep that man off my mind. It isn't fair that he gets to live, not the thing he is.

****

Today they were playing snakes an ladder, Kin and the twins. They all lit up when I sat down.

"Hey, Jason!" They greeted me.

"Where's, Max?"

I sat down.

Hayden sulked and moved her piece, "his evaluation,"

"What is he infused with?" Kin wondered.

"He's infused with eagle DNA," replied Cara.

Hayden's cheeks redened. She bit her lip, "which means he has glorious wings and a beak so strong it can break through anything. He also has knife-like claws, and is tall, dark and handsome, didn't he just win the jackpot?"

Cara and Kin swooned. Kin looked at me then back at, Hayden, "I mean there are boys that are just a tad bit better,"

Hayden gasped and threw a grape at, Kin. "Is not!"

Kin rolled the dice, "true. Especially if we speak about power?"

Cara rolled her eyes, "okay okay. Boys this and boys that, can we just focus on the game?"

"Are you gay?" I asked her.

She looked up at me. "I don't think I am. I don't think about it, you?"

"Same."

Kin's eyes fell on me, "what? That's not much of an answer. Would you rather, Paul or Laura?"

I turned to my head face her, "would I rather, Paul or Laura what?"