Chapter Eleven *

Narrated by KIN:

Caitlyn and I studied the names and looked at one girl that was at that party. She has long brunette hair tied in a ponytail. She stood in the shade but she wasn't showing other signs of being a vampire.

Caitlyn sucked in hair and pointed at the strangers, "nope. It's not Molly, her heart started beating faster when that boy came along,"

I bit my lower lip and grinned. "How cute,"

She cocked her head to the side and folded her arms. I wondered what was on her mind, "which just made me notice that Beverley's heart doesn't beat the same way anymore,"

"What do you mean?" I asked and started moving. She followed me.

"She use to have normal human activity like it would fluctuate but now," she ran her fingers through her honey blonde hair, "now it stays at the same rate. Which is normal, I guess. Or is it? I don't even know," she sighed. "I wanna tell her what I am. Been wanting to do it for years,"

"Are you sure? You could both die for that,"

She chuckled, "no. I trust her. My mother is urging me to do it now more than ever. Maybe it'll keep her safe in a way, knowing that a vampire is out there killing students left right and centre,"

I just looked at her. She seemed sure about it, confident. Which caused me to smile, she has found a real friend that allows her to be herself. And now she'll be a part of Caitlyn's most intimate moments in life. "I say go for it,"

She grabbed my hand and took a deep breath, "Then let's do it now. Come with me, that way I can tell her about you too,"

I scratched my head, "I'm not so sure about involving myself, this is your moment,"

"Nah. Man, I want you to be in my moment. Come, she's hanging out with your friends,"

I raised my eyebrow, "she what?"

We walked up to the tree and sure enough, she was sitting there. We sat down and greeted everyone, I looked at Jason. We could take this opportunity to tell Bev about all our identities but he is here and is ruining the moment. I took out my phone and asked Saskia if she doesn't have any idea how to get rid of Jason. She told me to wait a minute.

He looked up from his novel right into my face because I sat on opposite of him, "I have a pee." He got up and left.

Saskia and I watched him go. Caitlyn tucked at my hoodie, trying to remind me why we came.

"Saskia... how did you do that?"

She smiled and bowed her head. I looked at Caitlyn, "so... I want you guys to help, Cait and I tell Beverley something,"

Beverley placed both her hands on her chest, "aww... you're in love with me," she joked.

Caitlyn laughed, "I love you,"

"But on a serious note though. What is it that you wanna tell me?"

Cait glared at me, "here? In front of everybody?"

I bounced my head, "yep. Trust me, they're cool,"

She decided to trust me and cleared her throat. "Okay. I guess Jason will be back soon so I have to do this quickly. Beverley, I'm-I'm a vampire,"

She remained silent for a long period before laughing, "did you take a, 'Am I a vampire quiz,' Caitlyn, those aren't made to be taken seriously,"

"No," she shook her head. "I'm a for-real vampire. Born so and shit,"

Beverley was quiet for a few seconds before looking at the rest. "Y'all believe this shit?"