Chapter Twenty *

Narrated by KIN:

I walked into my room on a Friday night. My window was open, so were the curtains. I didn't leave it open, it confused me. I walked over to close it.

"So you expect me to go out through the front door?" I heard a disembodied female voice and jumped.

I know no one else is home, mother and father are out on a date. Lainey and Lexi is sleeping over at a vampire lair, not ours. They think it'll be great if she grows up like a typical vampire. So then who was in my room?

I turned around and saw a tall woman. She had long wavy brunette hair, plain white mask on her face. It covered everything but her mouth and eyes. She wore funny, a long red dress, with a red and blue stripped jersey. Now why does that colour scheme look so familiar?

Although I couldn't see her face, I knew who stood in front of me. Its the vampire. "What are you doing here?"

"Asking you nicely to get off my back. Leave me alone, you might be a hybrid princess... but I will kill you if I must,"

I chortled. She can't be serious. "I just want you to stop killing humans, why are you doing it?"

She clutched both her hands in tight fist. "Don't you dare blame my body,"

"W-what are you talking about?"

She didn't respond. The started weeping, "help me, Kin!" She crouched down in pain. She held her head tightly, it seemed that she wanted to pull out her hair.

I didn't know what to do, I crouched down next to her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm not... I'm... human-ish," she whispered. I noticed that her eyes were orange, vampire eyes are red. What is she?

Her eyes turned brigbt red like a real vampire's, her pupils dilated. The black became more than the red. Then she grabbed my wrist and pinned me to the ground. I tried to get out of her grip but she was much stronger than I. My heart rate quickened. I've never met a blood sucker that's stronger than me. She sniffed my neck, my hands and body squirming underneath her. I am going to die. I felt her fangs trace my neck, she tore my flesh but didn't drink from me. She just watched as the scar healed on it's own.

Then she looked into my eyes, the red eyes disappeared. Her eyes became brown, like a human's. My eyes go between cranter shade and human shade, but that's because I haven't died yet. I'll do that at my birthing party. So maybe she is the same case?

"Kin?" She whispered. She leaned closer to me. I quickly closed my eyes, afraid of what she'll do next. But she didn't do anything, she kissed me on the cheek and jumped off from me and ran out as fast as lightning.

I laid there, breathing heavily on the floor. What on earth is she? Perhaps another hybrid? It terrified me though. That thing was in my house and could've killed me. I have to find this vampire now more than ever. I have to know what creature it is? Or maybe she's between alive and dead, but then she's supposed to be weaker than me.

I couldn't stay in the house, so I called Vincent. He came over in a jiffy, he's not here for protection. Just so that I couldn't feel so alone. I invited Lemon over as well, and we three watched movies and joked the whole night through. They slept over and had breakfast at my place. Then they left. An hour later mother and father, a long with Lexi and Lainey came.

I told them what happened. Dad said not to worry, there's no way she could've been more powerful than me. There's a chemical that weakens vampires,

"They do that when sending vampires out against tougher components, in training,"