Chapter Fifty-nine

Narrated by JASON and KIN

JASON
I looked at the situation, we knew escaping would be difficult. We just said to worry about the problems when we're in it, and right now is it.

We were surrounded by big men, and we're children. They had their guns aimed at us, and they're just waiting on doctor Webster's orders. We had to think and quick.

"Any ideas?"

No answers from anyone. We are totally fucked.

"Lemme sacrifice myself," I heard Kin think. In no way would I allow that.

"Yeah, that's not happening Kin,"

She looked at me, "we can't all die right here. I'm fast, I'll try and snatch their guns from their hands."

I had to think about something and quick, "wait... no. How about you take Cara and run off with her into the woods. Cara, when she drops you off. You continue running straight. So that we can find you,"

Cara turned and faced me, "no, why me?"

"So Maxwell can carry Hayden fly away with her at the same time. Kin can come back for me,"

Doctor Hart looked at me, "and leave you here behind? Jason they will kill you, what if Kin isn't fast enough?"

"Even if I'm fast enough," Kin said, "Jason, bullets are also fast Jason. I can't do that,"

"Doctor Hart," doctor Webster said. "You were my angel. I can't believe you betrayed us, we should have seen this coming. You... you have a soft spot for Jason. Why? He is a monster,"

"I have an idea," I said. "But Kin, you have to run away with Cara. Maxwell, I'll need you to stay with me,"

"What's your plan?" The twins asked.

"Maybe I could connect Max and I to the gunmen's heads?"

"Then what?" He asked.

"You're a bird, can't you caw as hard as you can inside their minds? It will take them by surprise? It'll be enough to have us escape?"

Kin looked at me and furrowed her brows, "what if you can't? Zombies can't connect to so many minds at once?"

I shrugged. I have to do this, before Kin decides to sacrifice herself again. I would never be able to live with myself if something horrible has to happen to the princess.

"At the end of the beautiful black day, I am Jason Miller. If anyone can do this, it would only be me."

She nodded her head and gave me a small smile. I closed my eyes and connected to one of their heads, while still connected to the rest. One by one I managed to successfully get inside of their heads. We could all collectively hear the gunmen's thoughts. I could feel when I connected with everyone's minds.

My own head began to feel heavy, I had to balance. I opened my eyes, why couldn't I breath? Doctor Hart ran my way and held me up. My head became too heavy for my body. I felt woozy. She looked at the teens. "Come on! Kin, Max! What are you waiting for. He'll pass out, do it now!"

Kin nodded her head. She grabbed Cara, Maxwell started shrieking in my head which went to their heads. I screamed as well, it physically hurt me. He grabbed Hayden while still shrieking in my head and flew away with her. My sight became blurry, I fell to the ground. His screams pained me. I saw as blood dropped on the floor.

Then I couldn't hold it together anymore. I fell to the ground.

KIN

I dropped Cara and saw as Max and Hayden flew my way, and immediately began to panic. Jason is alone. I ran as fast as I could, reached my limit and pushed harder. I saw doctor Webster shoot at them, the rest of the gunmen we're still holding their heads. His bullet struck doctor Hart and she dropped to the floor, he aimed his gun right at Jason and fired. Before the bullet could hit Jason, I caught it in my back. I roared out in agony. But I couldn't let the pain hold me back, I picked Jason up and began running away with him.

I met with the others, they were all running. I ran with Jason in my arms. We ran, we knew that new gunmen were after us, so we couldn't afford to stop. We ran, I've never ran so much in my life. My chest began to burn, and my limps grew tired. I dropped Jason as I fell down to the ground. The rest of them stopped.

We all breathed heavily. What Jason did back there was incredible. But it took a lot out of him, I crawled to him, he fell on his face. I rolled him over at looked at his dirty face. Blood had come from his mouth, from his nose and even his eyes. Poor thing, I leaned in and kissed him on the forehead.

"We have to keep on running," Cara said leaning against a tree.

Hayden fell down on the ground, "I can't. Y'all go without me,"

"No!" Maxwell said. "We can't give up, we're so close,"

"What about the tracking devices?" Cara asked, "we'll never truly be free."

Cara is right. They'll always find us, and the longer we stay still. They will find us. And we cannot move in any direction, the one with the map is passed out. We're doomed.

Hayden laid there panting heavily, "the only good thing about this is that they can't send XY3 after us, she's free as a bird."

XY3. I wondered how it went with her, the hospital has no way to find her. That's why we haven't been updated by her moves. I sat upright, "that's right. XY3 escaped. I removed her tracking device,"

Maxwell's eyes grew, "can you do that for us?"

I sighed and shook my head, "no. We need a wand, that was epic. It was the first spell I tried and I got it right,"

Cara chuckled, "pluck a stick. Isn't that all that a wand is?"

Hayden chuckled.

I shook my head, "no, well kind of. Wands start of as sticks, sticks that get blessed,"

"Damnit!" Maxwell exclaimed. But grinned.

"And thanks to Tiffany I know that rite. Pluck a stick for me, Cara!"

She did, then she brought it over to me. I looked at it, I hope this works. I hope it shouldn't be from special trees only. I tried to remember the right and thought back on that day. It all came to me.

I started the rite, and like back then. A bright blue light came from my hands and entered the stick. They cheered. "Try it out," Hayden urged.

I look at Jason and tried it out on him. It came out from Jason. They all celebrated. Hayden was next, followed by Max. Then Cara and then me. When we finished, I picked up Jason and we had to start running again.