Chapter Forty-seven

Narrated by KIN

I made my way over to Jason's room, but he wasn't there. I groaned, I hate when they go poking in his head. He doesn't deserve it, although none of us does.

I heard a knock on his bedroom door and it was doctor Ray. He seemed upset about something, furrowing his brows and pouting his lips. "Good morning, Vreemde-Kin," even the tone of his voice was flat.

"What happened?" My heart skipped a beat, "is it, Jason?"

"Forget about your mission, Lana. I want you to focus on something else, something more challenging,"

I raised my eyebrow. His playful tone was gone. Where's his mocking voice now? This scared me, whatever had him shook must be serious.

I nodded my head. "What do you want from me?"

"Don't worry, no deaths. I need you to travel with a few of the subjects, including a special young woman. She can track things, we need you to bring two things with you,"

I folded my arms, "okay? What?"

"A hybrid witch, and you can relax. We will set her free after she helped us. We don't need her. And some manna. But the thing with mana is that witches don't sell or give them to none witches, you have to steal it and bring it here,"

"Why? And why are you so... I don't know, mopey?"

He sighed. "I c-can't tell you, but we're doing this for you, Jason and the hospital,"

I zoomed forward and grabbed him by his shirt, "did something happen to him?"

He raised his hands in the air, "Jason is okay, just do this. Please?"

A part of me knew he was either lying or trying to protect me. So I nodded my head. Why would they need mana? Jason and I are the only magic beings in here, so it has to be for one of us. I'm fine, I don't need that, so it's got to be Jason.

"Fine, I'll do it, for Jason,"

He gave me a small smile, "follow me. Lemme introduce you to your team."

He led me to his office, in there were ten others. Waiting on me, I suppose. He stepped in and immediately introduced me to all of them, but I'm not good at numbers so I doubt I will remember their names.

"And last but not least," he grinned as he walked up to the last young adult that he didn't introduce yet, "this is, XY3, she's a tracker so she'll be in charge of the mission. She will sniff out, Victoria,"

He seemed so proud of her, and I had a question on my mind. "Why isn't she a subject?"

He grinned as if he was waiting for me to ask, "she's special. So special, there are only three XYs, the others are younger than her. Twins and she was made up from the twin's power,"

"The twins aren't human?"

He shook his head, "no. They're witches. We took from their DNA since their father created them to be made entirely from magic. Well, not them. His son, but before he could make his son, we stole some of the boy's magic and built our three,"

"Okay," she sounds amazing.

Doctor Ray walked over to his desk and removed the files and handed us all a copy. Inside of it was Victoria, the target. She's a hybrid. Her father is Death and her mother was some powerful witch. The report states that Death is an angel but he fell in love with Victoria's mother and now lives in hell to accommodate her. Sweet. To give up heaven to be with the woman he loves is a dream.

She has natural pink hair, the file says that her mother is a gemstone, known as Pink-Stone, not one of the gems that founded our city, Crystal Moon. But a powerful and important figure in magic as well.