Chapter Sixty-one

Narrated by KIN

We reached a dessert, we took a stroll with the trolley Jason stole. This time I went into a shop and practically stole food for the road, I added way more than Jason. We're not going to be around another town for a few days, so we'll have to be careful.

Jason says his mother says she's still so far. I'd prefer her to be with us, I'm so scared. We all are, what if they find us?

Hayden was sipping on a juice box and looked at us, "I wonder how it's going with doctor Carpenter? I've I enter the city, I wanna be immediately escorted to his home," she stopped and just stood there. Then she hugged herself, "wrap my arms around his body. Thank him for doing this for us."

Then she started walking again, and looked up at the billon of twinkling stars above us. "I wonder if my mom and dad are looking at the stars with me right now," I replied.

"I just wonder who my mom and dad are." Maxwell told.

I heard far in the distance vehicles approaching and started hyperventilating. Jason noticed and rushed over to me, "Kin! Are you okay?"

He stroked my cheeks and looked into my eyes.

"Ja-Jason," I said above a whisper. "I hear cars coming our way,"

"WHAT!?" Cara exclaimed. "What if it's them? There's no where to hide here,"

"Alright," Maxwell tried to get control over the situation. "Let's not panic. It can't possibly be them, and even if it is... we've escaped them once,"

"If it's them," Jason said, "we can't try the same trick again. It won't catch them off guard anymore."

We all remained still, and faced the direction the cars were coming from. We gave up, we can't hide and we can't fight. There will be too many of them.

We saw the lights of the SUVs, trucks, and busses heading our way. When they neared us, they surrounded us. A car door opened It was doctor Webster. "You thought you could run away from me? No, I have a secret weapon,"

The back door of his SUV opened and a little girl got out of it. One of them was infused with a cockroach, because she had the antlers. She wore a white tank top and from her back were the cockroach skin resting against her like it was a coat.

She walked over to doctor Webster and stood next to him, her eyes were covered with a thick glass that went all around her head. Doctor Webster placed his hand on her shoulder, "please, meet one of my favourite subjects. XY2,"

I let out a gasp. It's one of the girls XY3 mentioned. At least she's awake for a little while.

"She traced you, she can find anyone. Except for that bitch, XY3,"

"Hey!" I yellled at him, "watch what you say when speaking on her,"

Doctor Webster started laughing. He doesn't care, he has no respect for the kids. They're nothing to him, he's such a monster. A vile person.

"You are all going to pay for running away. That I promise you, you..."

He stopped talking at the sound of tires screeching. A few motorbikes came our way, and a few vans. Then the other vehicles became more and more. These ones came honking and shouting. They played loud music.

"ATTACK!" Someone screamed. Then the gunmen found themselves fighting against the new people.

It was witches.

The gunmen couldn't even find time to shoot at us, they were defending themselves. Doctor Webster guided XY2 back into the Suv, they sat in the vehicle, being protected by some of their shooters.