Chapter Twelve *

Narrated by KIN:

Friday night became family night over at the Tepes household. I enjoyed it a lot because I never realised how much we were restricted in that environment. Like, we didn't have time or space to sit down and watch a movie. We never had time or space to hunt as a family, we drank blood we bought. Not that we don't still do that, it's just now we get to go out in the forest and hunt. Which I believe is wonderful for Lainey. She gets to learn at an earlier stage than I did. She gets her private time learning to defend herself with dad. He taught me as well but it was always so noisy, and many vampires would watch. Taking away that whole father-daughter bonding experience.

And movie night just kind of happened. Mother would put on a movie for her and Lainey to watch, and since I had nothing to do for the past three Fridays I would join. Father and Lexi joined as well now we all look forward to Friday night. Tonight Lexi prepared the snacks, as in the majority of the snack options will be her favourites. It's her week, so she'll pick out the movie as well. Next week is my turn. The doorbell rang and I rushed to open it. Before me stood Orchid. Wonderful, I've been waiting on an update. I know Orchid is a fae and she stuns me each time I see her. She wore a midnight blue dress with gold slippers. The gold slippers she paired with a Greek crown. She's my fashion inspiration, though I don't think I could pull off her looks like she can.

"Step inside,"

She did just that, I took her to the lounge area. The rest of the family was there while Lexi prepares her movie and snacks. Everyone greeted her and she sat down, Lainey know that it was her cue to leave as a young little girl.

I introduced her and told my dad the problem. "So... I spoke with him myself. Thankfully your mother could get him out of town but he's not alone,"

"What do you mean?" I wanted to know.

"He came into town because he had heard of it before. He's a witch and was looking to settle down, then he saw Jason and he just knew that he had to capture him,"

"Why? He's not a Pokemon," mother inserted.

"He believes that Jason could be one of the wanted hybrids, he's just not sure who. He sent the pictures throughout the multiverse and is now waiting on answers,"

"So there's a possibility that he's not a human?" Father asked. Orchid confirmed.

"Then what could he be?" Mother asked, "he needs protection. If that man sent out pictures of the boy that means people will start looking for him soon. Whether he's wanted or not,"

"Yeah," Orchid responded. "I think that boy deserves to know what danger he's in,"

"I'll tell Saskia. She's the one that's supposed to be finding out about his past anyway,"

Father snapped his fingers, "that's a good place to start. We can confirm that he has pure blood. Whether he's a pure human or a pure breed of whatever, but for now... we'll have to make sure he's safe."

I had no idea how we were going to keep him safe. But it got me thinking, is Jason's life in trouble because this man took those pictures or has it been in trouble way before? Could it be that he's a hybrid like me?