Chapter Eight ⭐

Narrated by SASKIA:

Dominick and I didn't go to bed that day, we sat at that restaurant catching up and laughing up until the sun rose. The owners left us and found us still just sitting there when they came to open up the next day.

By the time we stepped foot outside the next day, rumours about us hanging out had already spread through the entire town. People watched us as we walked back to the academy, whispering gleefully. Once I stepped foot in the main building a zombie approached me, telling me that Mänstər wants to speak to me. I followed him and he took me to his large office.

He stood by the window looking at all the students as they make their way to class, Victor Frankenstein created our Mänstər, but a spirit came to Mänstər and explained to him that he wants to create a whole army of zombies. With him as their head. No one knows who that spirit is or what, but all we know is that Count Dracula and the other alphas were all first approached by it.

I knocked on his door and he turned around and looked at me. He is the tallest being I've ever seen, being 8 feet tall. Everything about him is huge, his skull, his hands and his feet. He has black deep-set eyes hidden underneath his strong brow ridge and has pitch black hair that hangs on his shoulders. "Saskia, as you know that zombies aren't made they're chosen,"

I nodded my head. The ruby sends out these vibrations, it affects people who die turning them into zombies.

"Well," he continued. "I want you to succeed at this. That way we can grow our own, like the others. When you succeed I'll ask the god of monsters to grant us all freedom to do what we want too,"

"Sir... what if that's the thing that caused the zombie apocalypse in the future?"

It is predicted that three apocalypses will hit us. Now they've banned zombies such as Sarah and others like her, fearing that they might be the ones to cause this. "We shouldn't set ourselves up,"

He raised an eyebrow, "could be. But should we live our whole lives in fear of that event? Or in submission? We could have been one of the most powerful forces to be reckoned with, but we always come in fourth place," he sighed. "Even witches are out there winning us, and they're fighting amongst each other,"

He walked up to me, "please don't disappoint me. I know you'll do great, we must have this win for us. The other apocalypse happen before the zombie one and if we don't increase in numbers before then, then we'll be doomed. Wiped out us a species. Do you want that?"

I shook my head. That sounds horrible but it's true, our totals are weaker than the other creatures and it is because they get to start their clans and stuff. I looked at the floor then back at Mänstər, I don't want to fail Laura anyway so I nodded my head. "Okay. I'll try my best because at the end of the day I agree. We'll be eaten alive if a war should break out,"

Now I have this on my plate as well, might as well say I have the entire zombies future in my hands and I shouldn't disappoint them. I should make sure that once that first war starts we're ready.
We made it just in time to catch a zombie ride. But unlike a witch and vampire ride, it isn't done in the air but rather underground.

We went down into the tunnels with our bags. It hurt to kiss Dom goodbye again, but this time I'm ready to move on and find love aside from him. We got into the carriage, two zombies held the chains. These are the fast zombies, something I am not. Mother is though, father is slow. I'm in every way a mixture of the two.

We eventually made our way back safely home and I dropped my bags off and even though I didn't sleep last night, I had to see how Laura was doing.
She slept peacefully, her whole face was covered. It made me feel guilty again, for her to have to hide her beautiful face. I squeezed her hand and sat down on the couch next to her bed and watched her. Her nurse came in for a check-up. I asked her about Laura.