Chapter Forty-six

Narrated by JASON

I woke up and Kin leaned over me. She gently slapped me to make sure I wake up sooner. "Jason," she whispered.

I opened my eyes and looked at her. "What?"

She grinned, "something really bad happened. Ryan died in his sleep," her smile got bigger and she bit her lower lip.

"What? How?" I winced. I can't let her know I killed that man, what if she thinks I'm cold and heartless? And what if that chases her away? I can't have that.

She's going to think that all the rumours about me are true, or could be true. I killed him in his sleep and I'm out here wishing I did it with my bare hands. Maybe I am everything they said I am.

She shrugged, "I don't know, but they say his heart melted,"

I chuckled.

"Jason, it's kind of not funny. But his heart disappeared from his chest, that's strange, right? How does that even happen?"

I briefly closed my eyes. It's better if she thinks he died of natural causes. I opened my eyes and looked at her, she pinched my nose and giggled. "You're funny as hell, but you should probably get off from my chest,"

She nodded her head, "And what if I don't wanna?" She joked in a low tone.

Is she teasing me?

I wriggled my arms out of my covers and grabbed her arms and flipped her over. Now I was on top of her. She giggled, "okay. Okay. You got me, now get off from me. I'm not done spreading the news,"

"And what if I don't wanna?"

She rolled her eyes and smirked, "ha-ha. You're hilarious,"

I smirked and got up from on top of her and headed to my bathroom. When I got out, she was out by then. I promised the twins that I would go to doctor Carpenter so that's exactly what I did.

I knocked on his office door and he called me in. He smiled when he saw me, "please. Take a seat,"

I did just that, "so, how was the vaccination?"

I grinned, "it has awoken my powers some more. Thanks, how often should I take it?"

"For best results? Twice a year, every six months,"

I nodded my head, "okay," I looked into his eyes, "but only I won't be here long enough to get my second dose,"

"That's okay, they help. But all of it all comes from you, it's your power. If you focus on it, you can pull it out yourself. Which is safer because you learn to control it and not it control you," he locked his fingers and his smile softened, "so what do you mean by you won't be here long enough?"

"The staff doesn't even know where Crystal Moon is. It's protected by magic,"

He didn't say anything. He leaned back into his seat and I logged out of his mind because I could tell he was thinking about it. I didn't want to invade.

"Jason!"

I instantly tapped back into his mind, "come by my office tomorrow. I have to go home and find a job there, our searches are being monitored here. But wait, I have no idea where this place is. How will I find job openings? Or homes for sale?"

"Jesus. Now that's a question, I'll have to ask, Kin. She knows that side of the town more,"

He nodded his head, "we just sat there in silence, am I right? Anything you need?"

"No, I just wanted to know about the doses,"

"Please tell me before the end of the day, I genuinely want to help my girls,"