57- A LIVING NIGHTMARE!

(Five minutes late, I know, I'm sorry dearestsss😭❤️❤️)

MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVELIES 😍❤️❤️❤️❤️💃💃💃🕺🕺🕺

57- A LIVING NIGHTMARE!

The church stood in front of me, several feet high. It was an ancient but magnificent building. Early this morning, I had woken up with a start. The nightmares were getting stronger by the day and there was only one place I could run to by 6 am in the morning. Church!

Several thoughts crossed my mind as I stared at the huge cross that was stuck on the high front wall. It seemed like an allegory of Christ standing by his Church. We used to be very devoted Christians until mum's demise. Now, only Theresa makes sure we don't lose our faith.

It wasn't that we didn't believe in Jesus. We totally did. It's just that we were basically lost in grief to give space in our hearts for faith. The little we had was what we held on to. The fact that God is good and doesn't love to see us suffer. Although, I did question a lot of things; including my mum's demise.

How can the most devoted follower of God in the family die? Just like that? But then as I remember who Christmas is all about, I remember that Jesus, the most DEVOUT follower of God in His day and even the Son of God, himself, died as well. Just like that! It's what consoles me as when I realize that Jesus, whom God loved, had a purpose for dying. Silly as it may sound, it made me realize that mum, whom God definitely loved, probably died for a purpose. Only it was had to fathom!

I walked in to the church to find it empty since it's Friday and the church didn't have any program scheduled today. I imagined it full of people like it usually is on a regular Sunday and suddenly it didn't feel empty anymore. There was indeed an aura that the body of Christ brought- unity, togetherness and love.

I sighed as I walked further into the Church. I headed straight for the pulpit and once I stood in front of it, I looked up.

"Dear God. This pastor tells me you have something you want to tell me. But all I've been having are creepy nightmares. I'm so confused." I sighed, my chest feeling heavy.

Ever since the pastor told me what he said God had told him to tell me, I had been having tough nights. It was either I found myself in Crystal High with someone crying for help or I found myself in some unknown place with Carlos, of all people, pleading with me, or something along that line. I started seeing Carlos consecutively in my dream from the day he told me 'his truth'. And every time I saw him, he was either crying or pleading with me!

"Please Lord, can you make it all clear? I'm begging you. This is all to new to me. I don't even know what to do." I sighed. In all honesty, at first, I didn't totally believe Pastor David. But deep down, I feel those nightmares aren't mere coincidences. All I got in response was silence. I groaned in aggravation. Why me?! Just as I was about to scream, I heard footsteps.

Someone turned on the brighter lights and immediately I saw Pastor David approaching me with a calm smile. He was dressed in thick clothings due to the cold. How he managed to be calm and yet jovial often surprised me. Would I say he was like balanced in terms of emotions?

"Sam, dear! How're you?" He greeted, placing himself few feet from me. I bowed a little in greeting.

"Good morning Pastor David. It's good to see you."

"Ah we thank God for life." The forty years old pastor, beamed. "So what brings Sam here this morning? It's great to see you here though. Unfortunately, morning prayers ended about thirty minutes ago." My eyebrows shot up.

"Morning-? Oh wow!" I said, somewhat impressed that people would wake up this early to pray. "I've really got some issues going on pastor." He nodded, smiling sadly which made me give him a quizzical stare.