27- YOU KNOW NOTHING!

Hey y'all! I'm so sorry for the late update. Been very busy with uni... I just had to update a chapter this week. This chapter is fairly long so I really hope I'm forgiven!
:( Thanks for your patience.

This chapter is Dedicated to @mahnoor2920 She's been so supportive. Much love sweetheart!!!

27- YOU KNOW NOTHING!

"Lucas, kindly take your hands off her eyes now." Crystal said.

"Now? We aren't eve- oh" Lucas said but still didn't take his hands off.

"Lucas!" I exclaimed. "Obey!" All I got as in reply was everyone's laughter.

We were currently seated in Shayne's car, on our way to a 'surprise' place they all had picked for me since I was new to Portland. I was seated shotgun with Lucas directly behind me at the 'owner's seat'. Cece and Crystal also sat behind and of course, Shayne drove.

"And finally!" Lucas said before he finally took his hands off my eyes. The car had stopped and I opened my eyes to see the most magnifice- what???

"What??!" I exclaimed. "You've got to be kidding me. The Pittock Mansion?! Why?"

"Because it's fun?" Crystal replied and I could feel the eye roll in that statement. Did she just say fun? I'd read about the Pittock Mansion before we moved to Portland and let me tell you, those stories about ghosts living there aren't fascinating.

"Surely, there are some other cool places around here?" I said in a fake British accent. "I can't believe we drove to the west of downtown Portland to se-"

"Don't be a baby!" Shayne said beside me. I reached out to swat his head but Crystal caught my wrist halfway.

"Now, now, no fighting." She grinned. "Out y'all!" And we all were out in seconds. Crystal seemed to have that 'authority' to control.

I gazed warily at the Pittock mansion, ignoring Shayne's chuckle from the other side of the car. The French Renaissance-style château stood quietly in the morning sun, giving it an innocent look. I wasn't fooled!

"Well, what are you waiting for? Run along!" Crystal said before she proceeded to shove me forward. I groaned but walked on nevertheless. By the time we reached the entrance, my skepticism about this museum was reduced to its barest minimum. I must confess seeing it on the internet is nothing compared to actually seeing it in real life. For some reason, I began to find it intriguing.

But it wasn't as intriguing as the doorman allowing us in without checks and questions. I glanced at my friends and none of them seemed to be surprised. I almost shrugged it off since it could probably be a normal thing. But I knew it wasn't. I mean, there were no questions, nothing!