31- THAT IS A LAME IDEA

31-THAT IS A LAME IDEA

"Are you being serious right now?!" Crystal yelled.

"Dead serious." Caleb said, not blinking. Crystal started another round of ranting while Caleb kept his cool, occasionally rolling his eyes.

We were all gathered in a booth, everyone of us, including Drew, surprisingly, at an Italian restaurant not far from school. Apparently, the restaurant was owned by Brandon's grandmother who was an Italian. A very friendly and beautiful petite woman. They all felt at home in this place.

We were a committee of twelve consisting the male and female bullies together with Brandon, Shayne, Crystal and me. And right now, I was pressed between Ethan and Crystal whose voice was now a pitch higher.

Since Crystal had informed me of my being selected as a member of the school's anniversary committee, I had been attending all the meetings organized. Meaning, I had been attending this committee meetings since Monday.

And there was never a day Caleb and Crystal didn't argue!

It was almost becoming normal. I decided to block them out. Today's argument was about whether or not we should have a classical music competition between our school and invited schools. Personally, I agreed with Crystal that it would be awesome. But apparently, Caleb didn't think so.

"What do you think, Sam?" Crystal's voice brought me out of my reverie.

"What?" I asked. Someone snorted. It was Natalie.

"Why does what she thinks matter?" She sneered. Crystal glared at her.

"It's not like you've offered anything worthy so far in these meetings?!"

"Relax..." Natalie drawled, rolling her eyes. "I agree with Caleb, it's lame!" Caleb gave her a wink to which she grinned. I almost scoffed.

"Sure." Crystal said, gritting her teeth. "Sam, what do you think?" Unconsciously, I glanced at Caleb. He was already looking at me with a blank expression. But I knew deep down, he wanted to know my opinion. I cleared my throat.

"Well, I feel the competition is a good idea." Crystal gave me a wide grin, literally happy I took her side. "But-"

"Ugh!" Crystal groaned while Caleb smirked at her. "Go on." She said giving me a short glare.

"But." I continued. "To be fair, I think we should all cast votes."

"What?" They all said together, incredulously.

"Er?" I inquired, raising an eyebrow.

"That is a lame idea." Emily answered for them. I snorted.

"Actually," Crystal said, shooting Emily a quick glare. "It's really not a bad idea. At least, this way, everyone would have a say."

"I agree." Shayne said, offering me a toothy grin.

"So do I." Ethan said. Brandon nodded, followed by Drew and Ryan. Caleb rolled his eyes and soon everyone agreed.

We all cast our votes and Caleb's team won. I wasn't surprised. It seemed hard for anyone of them to go against Caleb. He had that control! Crystal obviously wasn't pleased with the outcome and sulked all through the remainder of the meeting. She basically had the power to overrule it but she obviously didn't so as to make it a fair decision.

As for me, I wasn't really concerned about the competition. All I just wanted was for Andrew to spare me a glance. But he didn't! In fact, he made it pretty obvious he was avoiding me which earned us curious and suspicious looks from the rest apart from Ethan who is basically aware of the whole situation.