18- WE'RE HUNGRY, MUMMY.

I apologize for the late update! This is as far as my schedule could permit. Sadly I could only update a chapter. But I love y'all  soo much so I'll make it up to you next week.

This chapter is dedicated to @mahnoor2920 for her love and support. Stay amazing girl!

18-WE'RE HUNGRY, MUMMY.

"MARVELOUS!" Grace exclaimed immediately Drew ended the presentation with a melodious tune from the piano. It was only four of us, including Lucas, currently in the music room since Grace had excused others out of the music room when we had about fifteen minutes left, to listen to our piece. "O my gosh I really can't wait for the anniversary. This is simply marvelous! Wow!" She clapped. I glanced at Andrew and although he wore an expressionless face as he gave Grace a curt bow, I saw past the whole façade. Underneath was a smug look! And as if he knew I had figured it out, he tilted his head and gave me a wink. I scoffed.

"So when would I get to hear your violin solo?" Grace said turning to me, her smile larger than before. I shrugged. I had intended to show her today, but my week hadn't gone as planned. Again, all because of a broken picture!

But as I opened my mouth to reply, Drew's voice penetrated my eardrums.

"A violin solo?!" I snapped my head towards him, ignoring the crack it made from the sudden movement.

"Yeah. Got a problem with that? Or let me guess, you thought it was going to be a 'piano concert'?" Drew's expression didn't change as I said that but I could see right away, the smug look dissipating and turning into a murderous look. Or perhaps, an 'I don't care' look. Yup, he pulls off the latter better.

"Sam, I think he was just being curious." Grace said cautiously. She had obviously noticed the tension between us since the presentation began but I guess she just decided to ignore it until now. Lucas, the blonde who kept me sane throughout the practice yesterday and stood as the mediator whenever I decided yelling was the best reply to Drew's sadistic comments on my mistakes, nodded in agreement. I ignored them.

"Can I leave now?" I asked just as the bell rung signalling lunch time and my stomach concurred with a nice rumble. "I guess that's a yes. I'll be seeing you personally beginning from next week Grace, so help me God if I'm not being tied down to work by my crazy owners." I smiled as Grace stared at me in confusion before picking up my bag and making my way out of the music room.

"Wait!" I heard a voice call as soon as I took about fifteen steps from the music room. I halted then turned to see Lucas hastening towards me. I raised an eyebrow since we never really spoke to each other until yesterday.

"Hey?" I said. He chuckled lightly as we walked towards the cafeteria.

"Hey. I don't mean to bother you. But I've got to tell you this since you're new. There is more to Crystal High than the crazy amount of buildings and passages."

"I know that."

"No, you don't." He smiled and it looked almost like he pitied me.

"Enlighten me then." I prodded him when he hesitated as he looked behind him. I turned to see Drew closely behind us but I guess I shouldn't have as I bumped into someone.