70- CAN I PRAY WITH YOU?

A soft knock pulled me out of my reverie. I had laid awake on my bed for the past two hours, thinking about a whole lot of things. It was the first day of a new year and way into the day since the party last night had lasted till dawn.

I was physically and emotionally drained!

Once we yelled 'happy new year', I had immediately pushed aside my feelings and pretended to be happy. Only Carlos, Shayne, Caleb and Delaine could tell I was pretending but they all didn't say anything. They only kept glancing. Caleb glanced the least though. He was very hung up on his call with Natalie. I couldn't hear exactly what they were saying but I must confess, Natalie is the only female I know that has made Caleb smile and laugh genuinely.

They seemed very close, almost like they were best friends.

Shayne tried to make me laugh a few times during our video chat with our friends which lasted for hours. Crystal, as usual, was being dramatic so I did appreciate the few hours I spent with my friends. We chatted for long and everyone seemed to have a story or two to tell about the break, well, except Shayne and I who just said little. As for Carlos and Delaine, they kept each other company. It was obvious they were close but were literally not interested in themselves as their parents would love them to.

"Sam, are you awake?" Theresa's voice called from the other side of the door.

"Yes, I am." I called back, pulling myself out of my bed. I plodded towards the door then pulled it open, to find Theresa with a tray of cookies and cinnamon rolls!

"Awwww sis!" I said, receiving the tray. "Thank you so much!" Theresa grinned. I stepped aside so she could come in.

"You're welcome." She said as she walked in. "Just thought to do a little surprise for you guys."

"You mean Cory and Melody also got trays?" I asked impressed.

"Including Sam, dad and Anya." Theresa smiled smugly before laughing at my eyes that went wide.

"Wow T!" I said, taking a bite out of a cinnamon roll. I watched as my sister reached out to shut the door.

"Sam, are you okay?" She said immediately. My eyes flew wide open and because I wasn't expecting that question, it left me disorganized.

"Um- er. W-What?" I stuttered. Theresa lifted an eyebrow as she stared.

"I noticed you over the night, Sam. You were acting weird." Theresa said.

"How?" I asked, walking to my bed before placing myself on it.

"Well, to others, you might have hidden your discomfort well, but not to your family, Sam." Theresa said, softly. "Even Dad noticed it. But he didn't want to meddle in your privacy as he's still trying to gradually get close to us." For some reason, I almost snorted. But I had to caution myself since I still hadn't heard his side of the story. For one, I wouldn't be surprised if Caleb was lying.

"Oh T! I just had a lot on my mind." I said, placing the tray of food aside on my bed.

"Like what?" Theresa asked, taking her seat beside me on my bed. "Sam, you know you can tell me anything! Please." I couldn't look into her eyes. I just couldn't! I didn't want any of my negative thoughts to be true. I love Theresa!

"Oh T!" I said, reaching out to my sister who immediately pulled me into a hug. "A lot happened last year and it overwhelmed me. Still does." Theresa placed a kiss on my head.

"It's okay, Sam." Theresa said. "How exactly are you feeling?"

"Heavy! Burdened! Sad!" I said, almost immediately. Theresa sighed.