32- WHO IS YOUR BULLY?

I'm sorry this is thirty minutes late! Had to do some editing! Enjoy!

32- WHO IS YOUR BULLY?

I stilled as soon as I saw it. Pictures of Cecilia puking were littered all around the school with the headline: 'Someone is pregnant!'. I couldn't believe my eyes. I scanned through the crowd of students but Cecilia was nowhere to be found. Everyone seemed to be talking and gossiping about it as I pushed through them.

I didn't want to believe it. I pulled out my phone from my backpack as soon as I got to my locker. I unlocked it and texted,

Me:

Hey! Where are you?

I didn't want to give her a hint that I had already seen the pictures. Although, I doubt she would think I hadn't. She didn't reply and I grew worried. I racked my brain, thinking of where she could possibly be. The only place that came to mind was the library. So I headed there.

I spotted her immediately I walked into the library. She was seated at a corner, hugging herself as she stared into nothing. I felt my chest tug at the sight of her. She looked so innocent, I couldn't imagine her being pregnant. Carefully and quietly, I made my way to her, so she wouldn't notice me.

As soon as I got to her, I engulfed her in a hug. Almost immediately, I heard her sob into my uniform shirt and I felt my eyes getting teary. Why were people just so mean?

"It's not true, Sam!" She sobbed, harder. I stilled, a bit confused. Deep down, I felt relief but I didn't understand. What on earth is going on?!

"What?" I asked. She pulled away from me, abruptly.

"Haven't you seen the pictures?" She asked, sniffing. Her eyes were getting puffy. Stress was literally written all over her.

"I have. Gee, what happened, Cecilia?" I asked, worry evident in my voice. She sniffed.

"It-It's Caleb."

"What?" I flared.

"Sam, please!" Cece cut in. "Please do not do anything silly, I beg of you. This is my issue, let me handle it."

"Let you my foot!" I growled. "Who does he think he is to mess with you and get away with it?!"

"Sam, drop it!" Cece exclaimed, exasperated. I clamped my mouth shut. She really didn't want my interference. I know I have no right to, but is she being serious right now? Those bullies just think they can walk over anybody without being punished and it is so not fair!

I frowned, saying nothing. I didn't get why she was bent on letting them go. They would only do more. This, to them, is literally revenge! Cecilia sighed.

"You may be wondering why it seems like I'm letting them go-"

"You don't say!" I interrupted.

"But." Cecilia said, firmly, wiping her eyes with the back of her palms. "If you retaliate, they would do more." I snorted.

"Even if you don't, they would still do more, Cecilia!"

"But they won't be triggered!"

"Why can't you just report them?" I sighed.

"There is nothing anyone can do. If Caleb has a hand in it, a report will come to nothing." Cecilia said, looking away. I felt pain as I watched her. She was suffering and she was helpless. I took her hands in mine and squeezed.

"You'll be fine." I assured even though I have no idea how to deal with the fact that she doesn't want any help. "I'm here for you, always!" She smiled wearily, but nodded.