69- YOU'LL BE FINE

69- YOU'LL BE FINE

"Caleb, what are you saying?" I said in a low voice. He scoffed, pushing himself off Carlos.

"Go ask your dad." He said.

"And tell him what, huh? That you called her family a slutty family?" Shayne snapped.

"Hey, I wasn't talking to you!" Caleb retorted. "This isn't your business."

"Yeah, suddenly, it isn't." Shayne scorned, narrowing his eyes.

"Come on, Caleb, you can't just drop stuff like that and stay mute." Carlos said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Don't ask me." Caleb insisted. "I said what I said. Go find out the rest yourself!"

"Sure." I mumbled, turning on my heels to head out of the pantry. However, Shayne held me back gently by my arm.

"Caleb, she deserves to know. You literally talked about her family in a bad way!" He said

"Oh so you guys want me to spill everything in front of y'all." And just like that, our eyes seemed to get opened. It was then I realized what Caleb was doing. For once, at least he was being reasonable after being unreasonable.

"It's fine, Shayne. I'll just leave." I said.

"Sam!" Carlos called.

"It's okay, really. Thanks." I said to him and hurried out of the pantry. However, I heard footsteps walk after me, followed by the shutting of the door to muffle the voices already rising from the pantry.

"Sam, I'm really sorry for what Caleb said." Shayne said, falling into steps with me.

"Um, I'd be okay. I guess." I really wasn't sure. Oh who was I kidding? I wasn't going to be okay! Something was telling me not to believe Caleb but deep down, I couldn't help but ask myself, what if he was saying the truth?!

Caleb was a vicious being, heartless without a blink. But one thing I'd come to know about him over the few months, was that he used the truth against his enemies. He would always look for something true about one to bully one with.

That was one reason why somehow, somewhere, deep down, I believed Caleb.

And that broke me!

"No!" I whispered. I couldn't bear it. My parents were perfect! They were perfect! I know it!

"Sam!" Shayne whispered and that was the last straw. The first tear dropped from my eyes and then followed a river. Shayne pulled me to him and I sobbed into his chest.

"Why? Why does he have to be like that?" I cried. "Why does he hate me so much?"

"Shhhh! It'd be okay, Sam." Shayne hushed.

"I know I interfered with his plan to avenge Candice with Cecilia." I felt Shayne tense at that. "And probably a couple of other things, but he didn't have to respond like this. Not like this, Shayne. This is just cruel!" I cried the more. Shayne rested his chin on my head.

"I'm really sorry, Sam. Sometimes I wish I can get into his head to know what exactly his thoughts are." Shayne said. "He's been more confusing to us lately."

"Why does he hate me so much?" I asked again, pulling away from Shayne to wipe the tears from my eyes.

"I don't exactly know. He has a couple of reasons like you said but honestly, I don't really know too." Shayne sighed. I shook my head.

"I feel this strong hate growing in me towards him, Shayne. And it's really threatening to envelope me." I said.

"No, Sam. Don't hurt yourself." Shayne said quickly, holding my arms with both arms and turning me to face him. "Trust me, I know how that feels. I only ended up hurting myself." Somehow, I knew he was referring to Cecilia's case.