77- (PART ONE) YOU OKAY THERE, SAM?

Hey guys!!! How're you all doing?? Happy end of the month!!! So in order to fulfill my promise to upload in March, I just had to upload the first part of chapter 77. Will upload the second part tomorrow! Do bear with me guys! And yes, in the second part of this chapter, Cecilia's bully will be revealed. Thank you guys so much!!!

77- YOU OKAY THERE, SAM?

"Caleb, please!" Samuel Elba pleaded. "Please just this once. I promise I won't bother you about it again."

"No." Caleb said, his tone flat.

"Come on!" Sam groaned.

"Run along bud!" Ethan laughed, ruffling Sam's hair. Sam swatted his hand away.

"You're no help, Ethan. This is a golden opportunity!" I raises an eyebrow. What exactly was the matter? You might ask. Well, presently and for the past few minutes, Samuel had been pleading with Caleb to let him tag along as I drove them all to school in Caleb's orange Lamborghini. Yeah, he had them in many colors.

I had picked up Drew, Ethan and Ryan with my car before heading to Caleb's. But he insisted I drove his Lamborghini so I parked my car in his garage and opted for the lambhorgini instead.

"I'm serious Sam, go with Alex." I perceived that was the driver. Sam pouted, trodding away nevertheless, though not without mumbling,

"Just one time. Just one time!" I smiled a little before turning my gaze back to the steering wheel.

"Go." Caleb said, beside me since be sat shotgun and soon I was driving the four bullies to school.

As soon as I parked at the parking lot of the school, the bullies, especially Caleb got out and were immediately joined by the female bullies. Together, they headed into the school. I stared after them, wondering what was going on before someone came into my vision.

"Hi Sam!" Jackson grinned. "You seem lost in thought." Soon, he was joined by James. I stared at them simply.

"What do you want?" Jackson's grin fell immediately.

"Oh." He mumbled. "Are you to avoid us now or something? Cos if I'm pretty clear, you've been avoiding us ever since we saw you at the Count the other day. Right Jimmy?" James nodded.

"That's really not my fault, don't you think? I've got a lot going on and I really do not need any more drama in my life, thank you." I said, sidestepping them. I didn't know their reaction because I didn't look but their silence screamed "confused". I didn't really care. I just wanted to be left alone. There was indeed a lot on my mind. And of the topmost priority was finding out who Cecilia's bully is.

After Cecilia's outburst that day at the hospital, we had all tried to probe her but she got so offended and literally stormed out of the hospital, telling us all to mind our businesses. She obviously had not expected to be "caught" like that. Shayne had tried to probe even further but got the word of his life after school, when we all gathered at her locker.

We eventually all concluded to let her be but carry out our private investigations. No one could bully Cecilia! Absolutely no one! I could feel myself getting riled up so I blew out a short breath and headed to my first period English.

~~~

"A new assignment guys!" Miss Clara Clark announced much to the dismay of students. "And yes, this will be done in groups." My heart sank. I was honestly getting weary of group assignments. It seemed to be part of the curriculum for every subject in this school. I thought about my work with Drew in music class. It hasn't been the easiest, considering Drew is well, Drew!

"This time around however, it'll be based on your grades so as to help one another. This simply means I'll be pairing you guys based on my observation from your last tests". Miss C.C said, giving us a sort of concerned look. "I really wasn't too impressed with the outcome of our last test." She sighed then proceeded to call out names.

I wasn't too interested in listening to the call, neither was I bothered about who was going to be my partner up until I heard my name being called out but not together with just anybody. Yeah I almost always sit with Caleb in history class due to our sitting arrangement. But never for once have I envisaged that one day I will be paired with him for an assignment. I let out a gasp, almost choking.

"You okay there, Sam?" Ryan called out with a smirk. I glared at him. I then glanced at Caleb to see him already looking at me.

"What?" I glared at him too. However, he didn't say a word, neither did he give off any reaction. This was what I hated, uncertainties.

Either way, I've been in various situations involving Caleb several times in the past, and I've overcome through the help of God. So I was not too bothered. I have God, I will survive Caleb.

***

"Wow, I can't still believe Sam got paired with Caleb. Are you sure that wasn't intentional? Knowing Caleb fully well?" Lucas said, mumbling the last part. My friends and I, excluding Cecilia who was still at the queue since she had joined in late, were all seated at our table in the cafeteria. Ever since that day, Cecilia had been a bit distant to us, avoiding anything related to that topic and duly pursing her lips whenever anyone so much as tried to refer to that incident at the school's clinic.

"Well, I'd have agreed to that." Crystal said, faithfully feeding on her chicken nuggets. "But knowing Miss C.C well, she probably doesn't care." Lucas chuckled a bit. So did Shayne, who decided to sit with us today. Somehow, Cecilia and Crystal got paired together. I frowned.

"How did you and Cecilia get so blessed to be together?" I whined. Crystal snickered.

"It's called Grace, honey." She beamed. "Unmerited favour." She emphasized.

"Of course." I deadpanned. "You just had to rub it in. Your lack of modesty is appalling." My friends all burst into laughter. I giggled, although I didn't think what I said was as funny as they had taken it. Maybe my comedy skills had grown better?

"Hi guys." Cecilia's voice rang in the air. I turned to see my best friend placing herself beside me. Almost immediately, Shayne shifted uncomfortably. Then he shook his head and stood up with his tray.

"I can't handle this, I'm sorry." He said.

"Handle what, Shayne?" I asked.

"This!" He gestured to Cecilia with his right hand.

"It's not-"

"Not my business, yeah." Shayne cut in as Cecilia spoke. "After all who am I to talk?"

Oh no! , I thought as Shayne plodded away.

To be continued!