48- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHAYNE

"The hell are you doing here?" Caleb snapped at me.

But I wasn't even paying attention to him as I took in the sight in front of me. There laid Carlos on the floor, his upper half held up by Shayne's arms, a gash on his forehead, oozing streams of blood. Natalie also knelt beside him, crying.

"Get the freaking nurse, Caleb!" Shayne yelled. "Stay calm, bro, we got you." He said to a groaning Carlos.

"What's going on?" I felt my feet hurry towards Carlos but I was sudden yanked back by Caleb.

"Get the fuck out of my room!" He yelled.

"Call the nurse! Do you want him to die, Caleb?!" Natalie screamed.

"What's going on?" I heard Samuel's voice suddenly behind me. "My goodness! What happened?" He hurried past Caleb and me towards his step- brother.

"Go get Margaret, Sam." Natalie said to him. He nodded hurriedly and ran out to get Margaret.

"He's losing a lot of blood, idiot. Let go of me!" I yelled as I fought to pry of my arm from his.

"I don't want you in my room!" He suddenly snapped, pushing me back so hard, I landed on the floor with my arm.

"That's enough!" Shayne boomed, pushing Carlos quickly but gently, into Natalie's arm, before charging angrily towards Caleb.

"The hell is wrong with you?!" He hissed, grabbed Caleb by his shirt and shoved him back. This only riled Caleb up the more.

"Don't you fucking touch me!" He yelled, throwing a punch at Shayne's face. I never expected what happened next. Right then and there, Shayne returned a huge punch to Caleb's face which made him stagger. I quickly pulled myself up.

As if that wasn't enough, Shayne immediately released another punch to Caleb's stomach to which he groaned.

"Shayne, stop!" I yelled. He glanced at me.

"Go help Carlos, please." He pleaded, releasing another punch to Caleb. I must confess it was shocking to see Shayne hit Caleb so easily.

"Not until you stop hitting him." I insisted, just as I heard footsteps hurrying up the stairs. Immediately, Samuel and a young nurse, whom I guess is Margaret, ran towards us, holding a box each.

It was at this moment that Caleb took advantage of the distraction, knocking Shayne over. They both fell to the ground and Caleb dealt out punches repeatedly to Shayne's face and ribs.

"Boys!" Margaret screeched but Natalie yelled for her to hurry up. She collected the second box from Sam who stayed behind watching the fighting scene in horror. From where I stood in front of the room, I could see that Carlos had lost a lot of blood. Natalie kept on talking to him so he wouldn't fall asleep. I suddenly felt sick at both scenes in front of me. My ex-boyfriend bleeding uncontrollably and Shayne being hit by his aggressive brother.

"Caleb, stop!" Sam yelled, just as I bent to take off my heels to hit Caleb in his head. Immediately, Caleb stopped, much to my surprise. Slowly, he stood up from Shayne. He shot me a mean glare that promised a lot of things before turning away.

Just as he passed by a crying Sam, he ruffled his little brother's hair and walked off. I watched in shock as the drama unfolded. I didn't even know what to think. But just as Sam quickly bent to help Shayne up, I dropped my heels and joined him.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked. Shayne nodded but let out a groan as Sam held up his arms over his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. "It's my fault you had to fight." Shayne scoffed just as blood ran down his nose.