47- WHO ON EARTH DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

I arrived the Brown's mansion at exactly 7am upon Caleb's demand. Outrageous, right? Imagine waking up to the sound of your phone ringing, only to have Caleb's deep voice penetrate all the way to your skull! I literally have an headache now. Plus, it was all it took for me to convince Theresa I was going to lend a helping hand towards my friend's birthday party.

Deep down I believe the only reason why my sister let me leave the house was because Shayne was a family friend. I mean, he's a cousin to Dad's friend's son (since I don't know whether he's from the paternal side or maternal side).

I had successfully made it past their big gate security check. Thankfully the security guard recognized me. Unfortunately, this goon who presently stood in front of the mansion's front door didn't. Well, neither did I. He didn't look familiar.

"Who on earth are you?" The buff guy asked, his face blank and intimidating.

"I'm a friend of Shayne's." There was no way I was going to call myself the friend of the other two. He assessed me for some seconds. I didn't blame him. He probably had never seen any girl who didn't dress as revealing as Natalie and the rest, come up to Caleb's front door. I was dressed in a dress top and jeans. Finally he spoke,

"Well, they all stepped out for a jog an hour ago. Don't know when they'd be returning."

"Oh okay." I said, pursing my lips. I took out my phone from my jeans pocket and texted Caleb,

Me:

Yo, am I supposed to wait for you at your front door, STANDING?!

Few seconds later, the idiot replied with a single word.

Caleb🙄😠:

Apparently.

Was he being serious right now?

Me:

Tell you goon to let me in or I promise you, I'll head back home!

Caleb🙄😠:

Will you?

I groaned. He was seriously testing my patience. The goon stared at me strangely which got me irked. I wasn't out of my mind to come all the way here at 7am in the morning!

So I shoved my phone into his face. He glared at me but when he saw I wasn't relenting, he stared at my phone. From the movement of his eyes, I knew he read my chat with Caleb. I took my phone away from his face when his eyes returned to mine.

"There's really nothing I can do." He said. "No orders, no action." With that, his face went back to it's usual blank as he stared ahead. I huffed. No orders, no action! The security in this house was alarming! Well, considering Mr Brown's influence, it's not so surprising.

"SAM!" I heard someone yell, all of a sudden, startling me. I turned around to see Samuel Elba running towards me. He crashed into me with a bear hug and if not for the door behind me, we would both have ended on the floor. I had to close my mind to the fact that he was sweaty and still decided to rub himself on me. Surely I am going to have a thorough bath when I get back home. I didn't have a nice bath, due to Caleb hurrying me up, anyway.

"Hey Sam!" I replied, barely able to pat his back due to his enfolding of both my arms with his. A chuckle made me look up to see Shayne beaming at us.

I don't know if it's because today is his birthday, but Shayne looked more handsome than ever. His hair which was usually styled to give attention to his side bang, was currently undercut with his bang turned long comb over. Shayne's extremely good-looking anyday, but with his hair currently styled differently, he looked like he was about to be on a runway. And he had just returned from a jog!