23- SEEN GHOSTS ONLY DISAPPEAR

Happy new year folks!

A longer chapter as a new year's gift! ;)

Enjoy!

23- SEEN GHOSTS ONLY DISAPPEAR!

"All three projects must be submitted exactly a week after the school's anniversary!" Miss Clara Clark announced immediately the bell went off, signalling the end of English period. A flash suddenly emanated from the back of her phone.

"Ha! Now I shall not be deceived if you guys decide to swap project partners!" She literally took a picture of the whole class! With those words, she sauntered out of the class. Behind me, I heard Drew's seat partner, Bethany mutter:

"I really miss Mrs West." I'm guessing that was the previous English teacher. I glanced at Brandon, my ever silent seat partner. This guy has never said a word to me! But whenever I asked him a question, he was kind enough to grunt in reply!

I opened my mouth to talk to him about our project but before I could utter a word, the guy stood up and strode out of the class. Huh? Surely he wasn't planning on making me do this project alone? I can't fail!

So I hurried after Brandon...

...Then I hurried away from Brandon.

I had just sighted Mrs Murphy heading towards our history class! Detention? No please!

Thankfully, I managed to outrun Mrs Murphy, shouting a greeting over my shoulders, before successfully making my way into the classroom.

I scanned the whole classroom and all the seats were occupied except the ones which Caleb and a 'plus one' usually sat.

But Caleb wasn't in class, surprisingly. I know rumours have it that Caleb wasn't excellent academically, but he did attend classes regularly. Shrugging, I took my seat at the back of the class.

***

"You're going to do great Sam, I just know it. This is wonderful!" Grace squealed and engulfed me in a hug immediately after I had performed my violin solo. I smiled at her gratefully.

"Thank you ma'am." She rolled her eyes.

"Grace! Is that too hard to pronounce? You make me feel old." I grinned.

"Don't." I said just as my stomach decided to make a grand entrance into our discussion.

"Go. I wouldn't want you to miss lunch." Grace said. I arched an eyebrow.

"Half of it is gone already." She smiled sheepishly.

"Still." She said. I smirked as I sat where I usually do to play the violin.

"It's okay, Grace. I've got my lunch with me." It was true. As soon as the bell had gone for lunch, I had hurried to the cafeteria to get my lunch before heading to the music room in search of Grace since I had promised to play to her personally.

"Well then," Grace nodded. "I better go get mine."

"We could share mine?" I offered.
Grace cracked a smile.