28- WHERE IS DREW?

HEY GUYS!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THIS SIDE!!!

I'm so sorry for being unavailable all these while. I've been busy with school amidst all other things. I really am sorry for the silence😭. Accept my humble apology!

A big thanks to everyone who checked up on me! You guys are awesome! I really appreciate you all!❤️ Special thanks to @mahnoor2920, you're the best girl! Love you!!!❤️

GREAT NEWS, however, I'm back y'all! Yaaay!!!

Kindly read the author's note at the end of this chapter.

Spoiler alert: THERE'S A SURPRISE!

ENJOY!!!

28- WHERE IS DREW?

"Hey Sam." I turned to the owner of the voice. It was Bethany, Drew's seat partner.

"Hi." I greeted with a smile. She cleared her throat.

"Um, I don't mean to bother you but I really need your help." I continued smiling so she took it as her cue to continue. "I've been trying to get across to Drew for the past three days but he's nowhere to be found. Have you heard from him?" I sighed, my smile dissipating into indifference.

"Sorry to disappoint you dear. I haven't heard from him either." I said just as Miss Clara Clark sauntered into the class.

"Hello, my dearest students!" She beamed.

The entire class groaned!

~~~

I hurried to my locker to pick up my history note which I had forgotten to take along with me to my English class. What was it with me and being late to my History class?! I felt a presence beside me as I rummaged through my locker.

"Hey Sam." It was Ethan. I had been avoiding his gaze throughout English class, as well as Caleb's and Ryan's. I rolled my eyes and continued my search. Gotcha! I pulled out my History note from beneath a pile of books. I really did not like that subject!

I shut my locker and tried to sidestep him but he stood in my way. I arched an eyebrow.

"Can we talk?" He asked. I opened my mouth to reply but he quickly added, "Please." I sighed.

"Not now, Ethan. I'm gonna be late to class!" I said, sidestepping him. But he held my arm.

"Can we meet up at lunch? Say at the library?" I pried my arm off his hand.

"Whatever."

~~~

I entered my history class and immediately spotted Caleb at the back of the class. There were other empty seats but I still proceeded to the one beside Caleb.

I plopped down beside him, muttering a greeting. Caleb ignored me and continued flipping through his note. I noticed other students staring and whispering. They were probably wondering why I decided to sit with him.

We sat in comfortable silence for some minutes before I decided to break the silence.

"Why weren't you in the last class?" He didn't reply so I poked his arm and repeated my question. Slowly, he turned his head to look at me.

"How's that your business?" He asked, calmly, before returning his attention to his book. Somehow, I knew he wasn't reading.

"It may not be. But I was worried." I admitted. Caleb stole a glance at me.