33- A STORY FOR ANOTHER DAY

Hey guys, this is painfully short and should have been part of the previous chapter but there's a reason. Enjoy!!!

33- A STORY FOR ANOTHER DAY

I know Damon said Caleb would first of all want to break me, before getting to Cecilia. But after Cecilia's confession, I realized they had created the slavery situation as a distraction from me helping Cecilia. Damon realized this too as he confessed everything to Cecilia. We had all gone up to Cecilia's room so as to avoid any interference from anyone, Damon specifically told Rob to make sure none of the workers or anyone in particular disturbs us.

Cecilia surprisingly remained calm as Damon confessed everything to her, right from the day Cecilia told him about the bullies making me their slave instead of her, his false project, meeting up with me, up until now. As soon as he was done, she sighed.

"Though I'm surprised, I won't say I'm totally surprised." She said, hugging her pillow. "I'd always wondered, you know. Why they were all against me. It used to be Shayne alone but that had been ever since he found out about Damon bullying his best friend which is understandable.

"Then we resume senior year and suddenly they were all on me. Even Ethan occasionally! Drew was the only one who didn't. Dude's never even spared me a glance for once." She chuckled. "However, I started to give it some thought two weeks ago. It was then I pieced all the puzzles and I knew they wanted revenge. That was why I never said anything, neither did I report them. Besides, even if I did, Caleb would surely get away with it."

"Why?" I couldn't help but cut in. That information about Caleb didn't go down well with me. Excuse me?! "Is his dad a judge or what?" Cecilia sighed but Damon spoke instead.

"There are lots of complexities than we know in Portland and Oregon, by extension." Damon said, crossing his arms over his chest. He stood towering over Cecilia and me who were seated on her bed.

"Caleb's father is very influential and a very good friend of majority of the judges. Most people are often scared to take him or anyone he supports to court because it will be a waste. Those who tried it can testify to this." I tapped my chin as I thought over what Damon said.

"Wow." I sighed. "My father's influential too, apparently. But I don't know the extent to which he is since we were away from him for a long time." When I realized I hadn't told them my story, I cleared my throat. "That's a story for another day." I looked away from their piercing gazes.

Cecilia smiled sadly and reached out to squeeze my hand, not asking any question, just letting me know she was here for me. I felt tears well up in my eyes. Damon however couldn't keep mute.

"Are you kidding me?" He said, raising an eyebrow. "Bobby Pears is very influential! He's one of the few who can withstand Charles Brown." I assumed that was Caleb's father. I shifted uncomfortably. I knew my dad was highly intimidating and charismatic but I desperately wanted to avoid any discussion about him.

"Yeah, whatever." I muttered. I checked the time on my phone. I had spent approximately two hours with them. It was only a matter of time before Theresa would explode my phone with calls and texts. "I guess I should be heading home now." Cecilia nodded but Damon narrowed his eyes at me as if trying to read me. I got up nevertheless and headed towards the door, before remembering something.

"Right, I forgot! Lucas sends his greetings. Apparently, he misses his cafeteria seat partner. Crystal hasn't been exactly nice." I laughed along with Cecilia as I remembered how Crystal had tortured Lucas at our table today.

"And Shayne?" Cecilia asked as soon as our laughter died down. "Is he back to our table?" I noticed she bit her lower lip but it wasn't out of fear. It was out of something else, something like concern? I shook my head.

"No. He still sits with the bullies." Earlier last week, Shayne had gone back to sitting with the bullies. I had asked him why but he had said it was nothing serious, he just felt he should sit with them for a while. I didn't ask any more questions because everyone has the right to choose whomever they want to hang around. Cecilia nodded slowly, suddenly getting lost in her thought. I glanced at Damon who was already looking at me questioningly. I shrugged then took my leave.

~~~

I noticed some students gathered round at the parking lot. It seemed like there was a fight going on as there were different 'oohs' and 'woahs'. I wanted to ignore them but I felt a push in my spirit to check it out. So I did.

Slowly, I pushed through the crowd only to come to face the scene of Ethan fighting with Caleb! WHAT?? The fight seemed serious! I had never seen anything like this before, especially not in this school. What on earth could make these two fight?!

The crowd of students made another 'ooh' as Caleb pinned Ethan down and punched him on his face repeatedly. I winced. It was then I looked across and saw Cecilia being held back by Ryan, her hands over her mouth as tears flowed down her face.

Excuse me?!

I ignored the voice telling me to stay still and I found myself moving towards the two idiots who were fighting.

"Stop!" I bent over, screaming as soon as someone yelled "SAM, WATCH OUT!" Cecilia's voice faded out as soon as the punch Ethan meant for Caleb aimed at my head.

Only it didn't hit!

A hand had come from nowhere to capture Ethan's fist and push me aside gently. I didn't see his face as he separated Ethan and Caleb. But when I saw that mole at the back of his right ear, I froze.

My world was literally spinning. How? When? It couldn't possibly be! No, no, no! I shook with surprise, fear, anger, confusion and all negative emotions. But it didn't change anything as the figure turned around to reveal my nemesis.

Carlos de la Cruz!

A/N:

Hey guys!❤️

How did your week go? Mine was pretty awesome, I'm grateful to God!

Introducing Carlos de la Cruz 🤗😉. If you noticed in the first page of this book where the main characters were listed, you'd find his name there.

So we'd be going on a ride to Sam's past soon😉.

Meanwhile, please stay safe everyone. I feel like I should pray for everyone! We're blessed of God in Jesus' Name! The Lord protects us and our loved ones continually in Jesus' Name!

NEXT UPDATE WILL BE NEXT SATURDAY, 6PM, GMT, by God's Grace. (Sorry today's came late! 😭🙏)

You're loved❤️❤️❤️

Have a splendid week ahead!❤️❤️❤️

Shirley!!!