24- WE PREPARE FOR WORLD WAR THREE?

Hola amigos! I had to make sure to give y'all a long chapter. You deserve it for the long wait. Thanks for your patience! I love y'all!😘💕

24- WE PREPARE FOR WORLD WAR THREE?

I watched as Shayne approached Crystal, their eyes never leaving each other. To say I was surprised, was an understatement. I was shocked! I knew I would eventually have had to find out who the mysterious 'Crystal' was, but thanks to the dinner party and the Candice's 'saga', my answer had come with electricity!

Like a faithful friend, I followed Shayne but stopped few feets from them to give them privacy. Shayne halted in front of Crystal and both seemed to hesitate. It was like they were expecting the other to initiate the conversation. Finally, both of them gave up since with faint smiles, they both said 'Hi'. I scoffed from where I stood. I caught Crystal steal a glance at me just before she was pulled into an embrace by Shayne.

"I've missed you." Shayne said as soon as he released her from his hold.

"Missed you more, Shayne." Crystal said, patting his cheek lightly. "How're you?" I didn't fail to notice her voice. She was obviously a singer. And those hands that rubbed her arms slightly, definitely played the violin!

Shayne shrugged in response to her question which I knew had to do with Candice. But what he asked her next and the way he asked her made me feel there was a double meaning to it.
"How're you? I was worried about you." 

It wasn't just about Candice.

Crystal forced a smile and lifted her hand to run it through her hair only to freeze in action. I followed her eyes to see the four male bullies approach them, their 'girlfriends' hot on their heels. I could see Natalie muttering to Caleb a little furiously. My, my, I was glad I was around to witness all these drama.

But the one who caught my attention the most was Ethan! For some reason, he looked pale. I know I've seen him tense whenever Crystal's name came up, including Caleb, but this was a whole new thing! Whatever made me feel Crystal had the upper hand here? I watched, nevertheless.

"Crystal Hart." Caleb all but spat.

"Caleb Brown." Crystal dared, raising a perfect brow, which confused me the more. Candice and Crystal were twins! Female twins? Very alike? What on hatred was going on here?

"It's good to see you again. I hope your stay will be for something profitable." Caleb said, with venom and with the way his right hand was fisted tightly, it was obvious he was controlling his anger.

"Oh yes." Crystal said, marching surprisingly to Ethan, while the rest of us stared in confusion. Well, that mainly on my part.

She stopped right in front of Ethan who had been staring at the floor. He looked up as soon as she halted and they both held their gazes "It's for something very profitable! I will see to that." Then, "Hey Ethan!", and just like that, she was gone.