61- I JUST WANT TO GO HOME.

I noticed the Villa was peacefully silent as I stepped out of my room. It was not too surprising because most of the occupants were outdoor. The men and the boys had all gone fishing, while most of the women, I presumed, had all gone to the spa. I couldn't exactly recall as they had all made their plans while I was in my room, active in a group video chat with my friends.

Paul had taken Theresa and Melody sightseeing, deciding they would use that time to do a little bit of shopping. It seemed as though everyone strived to make the best use of the island before we departed. Even Delaine had gone out with the women!

It was no surprising that she needed some sort of 'relaxation' as she had not exactly had a great night yesterday. I had returned to our table, immediately after me and Caleb's tussle the previous night. There, I had spotted Delaine leaning over the grass, puking the entire contents of her stomach out. Her mum had been ashamed but her dad had been more than ashamed. He was furious and just as soon as I had helped his daughter up, he had given her a hard slap that sent her out of my arms and to the ground!

It was indeed a horrifying sight. Even Sam and Cory had gasped. Theresa had tucked Melody behind her just in case he hit Delaine again. Mr Simpson hadn't felt the slightest remorse and had marched out of the party in fury, his wife pleading with him as she followed suit. I watched as Delaine sobbed with no tears from her eyes. In all honesty, it felt like she had gotten drunk on purpose just to piss her parents off.

By morning, it seemed she had forgotten all about what happened the previous night as she didn't even look the slightest ashamed when our eyes met at the dining table. She simply complained about her hangover which Mrs Brown gave her some drugs for. Breakfast today had been pretty hush as everyone waited tensely for a slight reaction from Mr Simpson. It didn't happen though, and I was grateful. This was a holiday and I believe the hosts just wanted everyone to have a great time without family dramas.

Almost immediately I descended the huge stairs, the scent of cinnamon rolls filled my nostrils. I inhaled as I traced the aroma to the kitchen. I spotted two maids as soon as I entered. But just as I was about to greet them, someone's voice interrupted me.

"Hello dear!" I turned my head to see Grandma Brown beaming at me. She was dressed in a flowing gown and her grey hair was tied in a bun. She was seated on her wheelchair, a book in her hand. Though she was definitely old in age, she probably still looked pretty young for her age.

"Hello ma'am!" I greeted before turning to the maids. "Hello ma'ams." They both sent me grins as well as 'hellos'. Actually, the workers in the Villa were all friendly. Since I had arrived, I hadn't had any cause to be wary of any. The only ones who seemed cold were Mr Brown's bodyguards. Considering their job, it was pretty understandable.

"I thought you were out with the girls." She said, still smiling. I almost chuckled as she referred to those grown up women as girls.

"I had a video call with my friends." I explained walking towards her. She nodded, skimming through the book. I peeped closer to see it was a recipe book. She looked up to find me staring at the book.

"Do you bake?" She asked, smiling in such a way that made the corners of her eyes crinkle more than usual.

"Uh, a little?" I said, sheepishly.

"Even better!" She beamed, making me stare at her warily. "Get yourself an apron." She pointed to a set of aprons hung on the wall. I raised my eyebrows.

"Um? Ma'am?" I inquired. She smirked.

"I know it's sudden. But come on, we don't have all holidays! I believe all ladies should know how to bake!" She said, emphasizing on the last line. It was obvious that that was just something she liked. "I'm not going to force you though." She added. I looked at her and saw she was trying to hide her smirk. She knew I was going to give in! And yet, I did.