37- I TRUST YOU.

37- I TRUST YOU

The whole school seemed to be busy. People buzzed around, engaging in one thing or the other. It was the day we had all been waiting for. Crystal High was finally eighteen years. This weird labyrinth of a school with peculiar students!

Crystal, Charlotte and I were in charge of welcoming our guests, both invited schools, families and the school's board. We welcomed them at the entrance of the school building, then Natalie, Emily, Alex and Shayne would usher them to the grand hall. We were all very occupied. I once had to usher a group of students to the grand hall, but after that, Natalie would not hear any more of it.

She claimed our duties had been clearly spelt out and they didn't need any help. I had literally snorted in her face and wished I had added a nice punch to it! It was obvious she was just a very jealous person who is used to being the center of attention.

The race on Monday had proved this. She had literally rammed into my Ferrari just because she didn't want me to win. I think her issue has more to do with being the best female and not generally because she didn't even attack Luke who had won the race.

I had been too shocked to face her that day. However, someone wasn't shocked. Crystal had screamed, yelled and called Natalie out which had resorted into a physical fight as soon as Natalie had raised her hand in an attempt to hit Crystal.

I remember Shayne holding back Crystal while Caleb held his girlfriend, both girls struggling and screaming. Cecilia had led me away from them and to my car. Ethan had offered to drive me so Cecilia had to go with us in her own car so as to drive Ethan back to LinoLina.

As for Carlos, I haven't spoken to him since Monday. Neither had he made any attempt to talk to me. It was more like he was determined to ignore me. I was grateful! The last thing I need is for Carlos to be around me. He was the only one who understood the reason for my shock. I must confess I was shocked he had quit the race to come to my aid. Even though he didn't get the appreciation he "deserved", or wanted?

A group of boys whistled at Crystal, Charlotte and me. I raised an eyebrow just as Crystal spoke,

"Buzz off!" She literally shooed them. I couldn't help but laugh. I noticed Charlotte had been quiet, seemingly lost in thought.

"What's up?" I risked. She glanced at me, surprised. I didn't blame her, only few had the nerve to speak to the bullies.

"Excuse me?" She said, unconsciously raising her chin.

"You seem lost in thought." I said, cautiously.

"And that somehow seems to be of concern to you?" She lifted a perfect eyebrow. I nodded, not really surprised by my boldness. I wasn't exactly a timid person. Charlotte narrowed her green eyes a bit.

Suddenly, she sighed, glancing at Crystal who led some girls into the school.

"I'm only going to say this because for some reason out of correct thinking, she decided to make you her friend." I held back my scoff. What she had to say was more important, right now. "I'm worried about her."

"Why?" I didn't hesitate to ask. I looked over at Crystal who seemed to be engaging in a conversation with those girls. She seemed carefree and happy.

"She lost her twin and hasn't shed a single tear! At least, not that anyone of us saw." Charlotte sighed again. Wow!

"Honestly, I thought she was healing." I said, softly. Charlotte nodded.

"I thought so too. But Crystal and Candice were more than twins. They were the best of friends. Surely, she's hurting!" She suddenly straightened and I turned to see a tall man walk towards us.