6-I'M NEVER GOING TO UNDERSTAND EGOTISTICAL DUDES!

6- I'M NEVER GOING TO UNDERSTAND EGOTISTICAL DUDES!

I groaned at the sound of my alarm. Why on earth must I wake up this early to go school on a fr...Saturday!
Saturday! It's Saturday!

I felt that familiar smile creep onto my face as I snuggled deeper into my bed. Of course, after aggressively turning off the alarm. But just as I was about to slide into a deep sleep, Theresa's annoying voice sounded from the telecom.

"Time for morning prayers sleepyheads!" I groaned. Trust Theresa to wake us up for morning prayers! She claimed that since we didn't have time to pray together as a family during the week, we had to do it every Saturday and Sunday mornings. Weekdays were for individual prayers although Theresa saw to it that we were faithful to it.
Prayer was our culture in our family, all credits to mum.

Don't get me wrong, I love family prayers but at this moment, I needed to sleep. I can do the prayers when I'm fully awake. But Theresa obviously won't hear any of that and I have sort of missed family prayers, so there's no backing out. I sighed and got out of bed.

"Guys some friends and a surprise friend are coming over today." Theresa said, immediately after our prayers. Huh?

"Is it Langston and Justin?" Melody my too-smart-for-her-age five years old sister asked, bouncing on her feet. Langston and...

"Who the hell is Langston?" Theresa glared at me. I coughed.

"Sorry.. Who is Langston... and Justin?"

"They're Theresa's new friends. They're so cool." Melody said, beaming.

"Yeah, they are." Cory chimed in. "Especially Justin."

"That's because he let you win when you both played your videogame." Theresa rolled her eyes. Cory opened his mouth to argue but I cut him.

"Hold up. Why am I the only one who hasn't met them?" I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest. Cory shrugged.

"Maybe if you haven't been spending most of your evenings in that 'George's music home', you would have met them." For the past three days, Drew and I have been meeting up at George's to work on our song. Drew's great at the piano but he's definitely egotistical. I mean just because I made some little errors didn't mean he had to call me an amateur! But all that aside, we make a great team and I really can't wait to show Grace what we've got. I scoffed.

"Well, I have practice today so I might definitely not get a chance to meet them. Probably later." I said, heading to my room.

"Oh come on, Sam." Melody pleaded. I didn't turn around because I know I can't say no to her 'puppy face'.

"Sorry Mel, I can't."

***

I walked into George's music home very pissed. I found Drew in the piano room and stormed over to him. He's so in trouble!

"Oh oh." Drew said before sighing.
"Now what?"

"Now you can explain why the heck you told me to hurry up. 63 calls and 50 mean messages?? Is your mission in life to piss me off?!" I yelled in his face. It was my fault. I should've refused to exchange contacts.
But all he did was smirk like he was amused at the fact that I was upset.

"Relax. I have loads of things to do today and I believe that was the only way I could get someone like you to hurry up." He said and rubbed his temple. He seemed stressed but I couldn't care less.

"Someone like me? " I asked, incredulously.

"What have you got so far?" He changed the topic in a bored tone. I wanted to make a mean comment but I decided against it. Instead, I slammed the manuscript on the piano, the impact making a kind of melodious tune. Drew and I made eye contact before we burst out laughing.

I'm never going to understand egotistical dudes!

***

"Oh for crying out loud!" I groaned as my phone vibrated again. I had been ignoring the messages I'd been receiving in order to concentrate on my music. But my phone wouldn't stop buzzing!

I reluctantly took out my phone from my purse to read the texts, ignoring Drew's light chuckle.

BEST SIS IN THE WORLD:

When are you going to be home. We need you. I need you.

My heart raced a bit. I scrolled through the rest, not really reading them because something else caught my eyes.

PAIN IN THE BUTT:

COME HOME QUICKLY SAM,THERE'S AN EMERGENCY!!!

That was all it took to send me flying out of my seat.

"Hey, hey, where are you going?" Drew asked as I snatched my purse. "Are you okay?" I ignored him and raced out of the building. I ran to the bus stop and discovered to my dismay that the bus had just left. Great! I'd have to wait for good five minutes before the next bus shows up!

"You left this." A voice from behind startled me. I turned to see Drew standing casually, my phone in his stretched hands.

"Oh?" Was all I could say. Drew rolled his eyes.

"It fell off from your bag while you were hurrying out." He explained.

"Oh! Thanks." I said. He nodded.

"Is everything okay?" He asked, his eyes softening a bit. I bit my lower lip.

"I guess. I just have to go home."

"Well, I could drive you." He offered.

"No thanks." I said, quickly. No way was Drew, a bully, going to drive me.

"Uh.. In case you haven't noticed, you just missed the bus. The next one wouldn't arrive until the next ten minutes. Well, unless you aren't in a hurry." He said, slightly in a mocking voice. What? Ten minutes?

Of course, it isn't Idaho!

"Still doesn't mean I'm going to let you drive me." I said, stubbornly. Drew shrugged.

"Suit yourself then." He said and began walking to his car. I groaned.

"Wait!" I yelled, walking faster. I caught his shoulders shaking.

He was laughing at me!

***

"Thanks." I said, reluctantly to Drew as I got out of his car. He gave me a swift nod and I saw his guard, which he usually lets down whenever he's with me, come up again. I returned the nod as he revved the engine.

I turned to see Cory standing at the doorway with wide eyes. I guess that explains the 'guards up' .

"Cory! What happened?!" I demanded as I ran towards the house. The terrified look Cory gave me before dashing into the house made me panic the more.

I barged into the house only to be launched at by a dog with a familiar looking collar. But just as I was about to ask what on earth was going on, I felt the mixture of egg, water and flour suddenly land on my head and slide down to my whole body.

Out popped six laughing faces as I shoved the dog away. Three belonged to Theresa, Melody and Cory. I couldn't recognize two but all thoughts vanished when my gaze landed on the last person.

The once blonde guy whose hair was now dyed blue. His mischievous blue eyes and wicked grin ever the same.
TJ Allen!

"Welcome home Sam! " I grinned.

"No way!"

A/N: NEXT UPDATE COMING VERY SOON!

VOTE~COMMENT~SHARE ~ADD TO LIBRARY

LOTS OF LOVE!

Shirley!!!