19(PART TWO)- HEY SAMUEL!

I sincerely apologize for the late update :(

How're y'all doing though?

This chapter is dedicated to @Aarzoozafa , @mahnoor2920 much love guys❤❤

19(PART TWO)- HEY SAMUEL!

"This is ridiculous!" Cory groaned.

"For Theresa?" I reminded.

"For Theresa." We made a pinky promise as we walked way ahead of the rest of my family. Yes, we were finally at Theresa's officially-launch-into-the-corporate-world dinner party.

Paul had picked us up in dad's infamous limousine since we had vehemently refused to ride with him and Anya (I made sure to memorize her name after our last encounter). We had ridden safely behind his precious Pathfinder.

Now, we all stared at this crazily expensive hotel, Ulysses, the venue of the party, with different expressions on our faces. Cory and I, in disdain. Paul, my dad and Anya were obviously comfortable since they had probably been to more expensive ones. Melody stared in awe and Theresa-

"T?" I snapped my sister out of her thoughts. She smiled at me but I could clearly see the doubt in her eyes. She was nervous!

"Excuse me, Theresa!" I said, marching and stopping right in front of her, the abominable five inches heels killing my legs. But I ignored it since Theresa had chosen it. For now, at least. "YOU are going to do great! What did I tell you about your smartness, confidence and maturity?!" She nodded, obviously remembering the pep talk I'd given her earlier while we dressed up.

"Good." I patted her shoulder with one hand while struggling to adjust the strap of the outrageously expensive silver purse Anya just had to give me, on my shoulder, with my other hand. I couldn't say no to the purse because one, it went perfectly well with my navy blue dinner gown and silver stilettos. And two, in Theresa's opinion, that would mean I still held grudges and I had not yet accepted their marriage. Funny thing is, I still hadn't. There was no way I could refer to Anya as my stepmother!

"Are you two done?!" Cory snapped, making us turn to look at him. I can't believe I'm admitting it, but my brother sure looked dashingly handsome in his black tuxedo, white shirt and black bowtie. His blonde hair was styled in a quiff and I could already picture him in his senior year. He would definitely be a Caleb Brown. Funny enough, they were both green-eyed blondes. A jock, for sure, since though, he was just in ninth grade, he was already making wave in his school's soccer team. So yeah, a definitely strikingly handsome, muscled, jock and bully.

I do not hope for the last!

"We are!" I hissed glancing around for the rest of my family but they were nowhere to be found, including Melody.

And like the bipolar human he was, Cory's features suddenly softened towards Theresa.

"You'd do great T. We've got ya."

***

I took a sip of my wine as I observed Theresa from a distance. Thankfully, she seemed to be enjoying herself because let me tell you, this "party" was BORING! I had scrolled through my Instagram till my battery had cried for mercy. Then, I had tried to persuade Cory to lend me his phone but he had refused and when he finally decided he was weary of my presence, he left me for Julian and Langston.