3- SAM, MEET SAM.

3-SAM, MEET SAM

It was lunch time and I still had not figured out what to do with my locker. I sighed in defeat as I made my way to my only option: Laura the receptionist. Hopefully, she would be able to find a solution for me.

"Hi Laura." I greeted as I walked into the reception. She looked up from her computer and gave me a brief smile.

"Hi. How can I help you?" She asked.

"Uh.. Well.." Then I told her my ordeal.

"Are you sure about this?" She asked as she began typing away on her computer. I nodded then realizing she could not see me, I replied with a yes. She stopped typing and frowned.

"But your locker code is 3221?" My heart sank. What could possibly have happened? Then she sighed.

"It's them."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Caleb and his group." She said and pursed her lips a little, before adding, "They have to be the ones." I felt my heart beating faster. Does it mean I am now their target? Oh Lord!

Laura noticed my panicking state and offered a small smile.

"It'd be okay. I'll just make a call. Go wait at your locker." She said. I nodded.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah?"

"Who are you going to call?"

She chuckled and gave a dismissive wave.

"Drew's aunt. The principal. She would talk to them." I nodded and thanked her before walking out of the reception.

Five minutes later and still no sign of anyone, I decided to try my locker code again. Hopefully, it would work. It did not! I groaned, hitting my head lightly against the locker.

"Need some help?" A voice asked. I looked up to see Andrew Baxter staring right at me. His voice was so lovely, I could bet he is a musician. I nodded and stepped aside. He then walked to my locker and began punching. I did not know what to think. If they were playing pranks on me, why was he helping me?

Probably because his aunt told him to. But if this failed, wouldn’t they do much worse? I shuddered. Drew punched one last number and my locker was unlocked.

"Um. Thanks?" I said.

"Your new code is 4214." What? Did he just do what I thought he did? Who on earth do they think they are? I frowned, but I was in no mood to quarrel. Right now, I just wanted to be anywhere but this annoying school! I shuffled past Drew and opened my locker. Just then, I let out a horrifying scream!

A rat just leapt out of my locker for crying out loud!

I heard laughter and whistles. I turned to see the remaining idiots approaching me. Drew on the other hand was biting back his laugh. I take back what I said about him being the least mean. It then dawned on me.

They had had it all planned out. They had changed my locker code and put a LIVE RAT IN MY LOCKER! They knew, naturally as a newbie, I would go to Laura and they knew Laura would tell Drew's aunt. Then she would instruct them to undo their deed and bam the rat pops out! I glared at the grinning four.

"Oh my! You should've seen your face!" Ethan said as he cracked up again. I balled my fingers into fists. They were really getting on my nerves.

He walked to my locker and pulled out a note. Wait, how did the rat not eat the paper? Oh God I hope my books and stuff are safe! Or maybe Drew had put it in there when I was not looking? What on earth was even going on?