15-WHO IS SHE?

15-WHO IS SHE?

"Caleb. For the upteenth time, I cannot tell you where I was during lunch!"

"And do I have to remind you, you do not have a choice?" I sighed. It had been like this for the past twenty minutes. Caleb, trying to pry answers from me under the scrutinizing eyes of Drew, Ryan and Ethan who had surrounded me immediately they had caught me at my locker as soon as school was over. And dear me standing my ground!

"I really don't know why you bother, Caleb. I won't tell you." With that, I pushed through them, much to their surprise. They barely had time to recover before I sprinted down the hallway, my backpack dancing not gracefully on my back with my laps still hurting from Mr Grant's torture! I didn't hear any sound of hurrying feet behind me so I guessed they let me be. For now, at least. I was pretty sure they were going to punish me beyond imagination!

But that was the least of my problems now, I thought as I made the bend to the passage that led to the underground building. This school was so fascinating with all the bends and links to various buildings! Thanks to my constant and skillful exploring, the school was becoming less of a labyrinth!

I blushed three shades of red as I descended the stairs to my 'exploring site'. I peeked my head into the living room cautiously and I held my breath when I spotted Shayne, still standing in front of the chest! This dude was as stubborn as Cory!

I chuckled lightly, remembering our lunch 'encounter'.

"What's that?" I pointed to the big shelf.

"What's what?" Shayne asked, squinting his eyes at the shelf.

"I don't know. Something moved." I took a step forward.

"Wait." Shayne said, taking a step forward too. His eyes were so fixed on the shelf, he didn't even notice my left foot which was stuck out, ready for action.

So he tripped.

And fell flat on his face!

"OW!"

My trophy, the said KEY, flew gracefully out of his hand and landed beside the stairs.

"Oops. Sorry, Shayne. Did you fall?" I snickered as I marched quickly to retrieve my trophy. He didn't even make a move to get up, only staring up at me with his arms under his chin.