79- (PART ONE) WHAT DID HE DO?

Hey guys!! How're you all doing?? So I thought to quickly drop this here before the month runs out. See you next month, that is tomorrow for the second part of this chapter! God bless you! Have a lovely and great read and also a great night rest! I love you and God loves you too!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Enjoy!!!

79- (PART ONE) WHAT DID HE DO?

"You're kidding me, right?" Crystal glared.

"Nope. Not at all. You just simply suck at cards." Cecilia smirked, giving me a high five which I duly returned.

It was Saturday, the day the girls and I had planned as our "hangout" day at Cecilia's. It was Cecilia's way of apologizing to us for ditching us for the most part of the week. She had come around yesterday after lunch and we had all reconciled.

I still wasn't comfortable with her hiding the truth from us but as Crystal and I discussed with the guys, we would just make sure to look out for her in any way we can and if eventually the need arose, report what we knew to the school authority. That decision had made me sick to my stomach. I didn't know how long I would hold back what I knew. This was my best friend here.

Immediately, I had sought Carlos, telling him that I had very little time before I would call those bullies out. He had simply nodded in understanding, although I knew deep down that he didn't agree with my method. I didn't care. I couldn't tolerate evil for so long.

So here we were, seated on Cecilia's bed, the boys absent, much to their disappointment. We had promised them a hangout later this evening to which they eventually agreed. I still thought about Shayne's reaction to Cecilia pushing him away. I had never seen him so distraught as he was for the rest of the week. It was only yesterday he had seemed to cheer up. I concluded that he had probably reconciled with Cecilia on personal terms. Although, I still wasn't comfortable with everything. Something gnawed at my chest but I pushed it down.

That was a dangerous line of thought!

"I'm done!" Crystal huffed. I laughed.

"Come on, Crys, don't be such a baby." I teased, taking the cards from her hands. This was the third time in a row she was being beaten by Cecilia. I was starting to jump to the conclusion that Crystal sucked at indoor games. Her phone vibrated.

"Can you imagine?" Crystal spoke up suddenly, after reading her text.

"What's up?" Cecilia and I said simultaneously.

"Principal Bennett just texted me that she is planning with the board to make all seniors attend a boot camp during spring break." Crystal complained

"What? It's a break for crying out loud." Cecilia reacted, eyes wide. I almost laughed.

"What's the boot camp about?" I asked. Crystal shrugged.

"I'm not even interested. They can't just decide for us without the general opinion of the students." Crystal frowned. "They seem to be taking the board thing too seriously. Trying to interfere with every aspect of students lives."

"What do you mean?" I asked. Crystal shrugged again.

"What I do know is that, I'm grateful my family still is the largest shareholder of Crystal High. If not, there are so many people's opinions that would have been the order of the day in school." She said and kept silent afterwards, lost in her thoughts. Cecilia and I shared a look.

Funny how we could all be so caught up in our own problems and forget that of others. Crystal's family was going through a serious financial mess. A mess that couldn't help them take justice for their daughter. A mess that made them lose one of their schools and almost half of the second. Yet, Crystal came out daily with a strong boldness, always hoping to God that all will eventually get better for them.