46- SHOULD I BE SCARED?

I know I said I was ready to embrace forgiveness but there was one person who would never ever come so much as close to the letter 'f' than get the slightest forgiveness from me! Carlos de la Cruz was a monster and I hated him with my entire being. Staring at him, tables away from me, didn't even seem to reduce the hate I felt for him.

Thus, you can imagine how hard it is for me when I realized that the other way to get to know the truth about Caleb finding out about me and Carlos was from Carlos himself! I had asked Shayne about it earlier this morning and he denied any knowledge of who could have told Caleb my secret.

Shayne had also tried to talk to me about how I felt about the whole mess with Carlos but I had refused to give him audience, much to his disappointment. Right now, my friends and I were all seated at our table in the cafeteria. While my friends all chattered away about Shayne's birthday party which is to take place on Saturday, that is tomorrow, I was busy trying to figure out how to approach Carlos.

Just as I was about to give up, my opportunity came. Carlos somehow stood up from the bullies' table to leave the cafeteria. I watched as a lot of eyes followed him. He was indeed a sight to behold. Only that people didn't know what he was capable of. And the fact that he could pretend made me disgusted. He was evil!

"Excuse me, guys." I said, getting up from my seat.

"Where are you going?" Cecilia asked, taking a bite out of her hamburger.

"Yeah, aren't you gonna help with ideas for my party? Crystal's overdoing it!" Shayne complained. Crystal scoffed.

"You mean you'd rather not have my input? I cringe at the thought!" Shayne huffed in response.

"I'll be back." I said, simply. They all stared at me oddly but I ignored them.

"Can I take your fries if you don't come back?" Lucas asked. I nodded briefly before taking my leave.

As soon as I stepped out of the cafeteria, I hastened my steps. It wasn't long before I spotted Carlos at his locker. I watched as he rummaged through his locker, seemingly bent on finding what he was searching.

"Carlos." I said. Any normal person would have at least made a little jump, having being startled. But no! Carlos went still for about two seconds before turning to face me, not the least startled!

"Hi." He said, stopping his search and turning to fully face me. I suddenly felt uncomfortable, having his full attention. I didn't prepare for it. I never could have prepared for it.

Carlos could be highly intimidating. Somehow, he reminded me of Charles Brown. They both had a cool demeanor but were very charismatic. Like father, like children, I guess, if we add Caleb!

I tapped my fingers against my legs to distract myself. I tried to be still but I couldn't. I hated Carlos, yes, but I assure you, it is never easy to get over your first love, even though he broke your heart! Unruly memories kept on flashing through my mind and I had to fight back the sting in my eyes.

"Um, are you okay?" Carlos asked. Immediately, I was irked.

"Am I okay? Are you being serious right now?" I snapped. He didn't flinch but gazed at me more intently.

"I get it, but, I don't think we should do this out here?" He said, more in a questioning tone. I frowned.

"Well, wasn't that your intention when you blabbed to Caleb?" I snapped without thinking. It was when his left brow shot up, I realized I had just accused him without any evidence.