11- IT'S LIKE A KINDERGARTNER'S SCRIBBLE!

I grudgingly made my way to the soccer field where some boys had already started practicing. I took a seat on one of the benches as I squinted my eyes, in search of Caleb. I was still praying within me that he wouldn't notice the bruise already forming near my left eye which I hid behind my strawberry blonde hair. I had successfully avoided the boys in Math class today. I had made sure to sit far away from them.

Who am I even kidding? They wouldn't care about a flimsy bruise, especially the one that came from their girlfriends, well, HIS girlfriend!

A figure towered over me and I looked up to see Caleb, his hair tousled. He was wearing a wife beater, which displayed his perfectly toned and muscled arms, over his team shorts. Even with his disheveled hair, he still looked handsome.

"You done checking me out?" He said as he took his seat beside me. I snorted even though I was actually checking him out.

"What do you want?" I asked. He looked at me then frowned.

"Hold on a sec." He raised a finger before using his right hand to push my hair away from my face, revealing my bruise. Ohoh. "Who did this to you?"

I shrugged and pushed his hand away. It wasn't his business, so why would he care? I forced myself to ignore the tingle I felt from the way his fingers slightly brushed my face as he pushed my hair aside.

"None of your business." I said. "Now, what do you want?" But of course, he ignored me.

"It isn't. But I can't have my slave incompetent." Typical Caleb. Of course, that was only what he cared about - himself. He raised my chin with a finger and turned my face so he could check the bruise again. "Damn. Natalie really hit you hard." I blinked.

"H-How did you know?" Oh gosh!What if he had told her to do it?

"Videos." He said in a 'duh' tone. Right! I mentally facepalmed. Of course, everyone would've seen those videos. I am really a social pariah!

I wonder why the students body haven't been mocking and glaring at me anymore though. I mean, they had been doing that up until lunch time which I spent in the library. But immediately after lunch, they had stopped. It had been so weird and it made me even more suspicious.

"Of course." I mumbled. He sighed and looked forward. We stayed in comfortable silence as my mind wandered. Where on earth is Ethan? How was I going to honor his mum's request if Caleb ends up giving me a horrible task to do?

My phone vibrated. I unlocked it to find a message from an unknown number.

Don't tell Caleb about the dinner. I'll sort it out. Meet you at the field shortly -Ethan x.

I snorted at his use of x. Caleb gave me a weird look to which I rolled my eyes.

"Yo Caleb!" One of his teammates called.