74- TELL US EVERYTHING, DAD

Guyssss!!!!😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! I'm sorry for the lack of update but especially the silence!!! I honestly didn't know what and how to say!!! I had a very busy week! I still am very busy! But thank God this update finally came through today! Thank God!!! Do read the author's note please guys, a new information is there! Thank you! God bless you!🙏❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

74- TELL US EVERYTHING, DAD.

I took in a deep breath as I stood in front of my dad's giant office. It was a high rising building with the text, Pears Inc. written boldly in front of the building. I was literally trying to stay calm as many emotions swirled in me at once. I was angry at everything and everyone but I was also terrified of knowing the truth. What if it was something I couldn't handle?

I knew I would at some point eventually have to decide and right now, my decision was to know the truth. It was high time Caleb didn't have that power over me. It seemed even scarier when I realized that it actually did seem like Caleb wanted me to know the truth. It meant the truth will definitely hurt, more than I could probably bear!

But hurtful or not, I need to know! So I walked into the building. Or at least, I tried to. A guard suddenly stopped me.

"Hey miss, your I.D please." I raised my eyebrows and mouth 'oh'. I didn't realize I'd have to go through a protocol in this office. But then again, I could count the number of times I'd been here in one finger. They most definitely didn't know me. I showed the guard my I.D and his expression immediately changed when he saw it.

"Oh pardon me, Miss Pears." He said, offering an apologetic smile. "You're welcome." I nodded, giving him a brief smile.

"Thank sir." I replied, then walked into the building. A number of workers were on the move in the big lobby, fixed in their discussions on the phone or with themselves. I walked up to the receptionist. She was a pretty lady with rosy cheeks.

"Hi, um. I'm Sam, I need to see my dad." The way her eyes brightened up made me know she recognized me.

"Hi, Sam!" She beamed. "Just give me a sec." I watched as she spoke briefly on the phone before she turned back to me smiling.

"He's waiting for you." She said. "He says you can take the executive elevator." I thanked her and walked to the executive elevator. It was the elevator exclusively for my dad and his family, including TJ. However, only my dad took that elevator unless he gave permission to anyone of us.

In no time, I was in front of my dad's office, ready to knock. But as I raised my hands, the door was yanked open, followed by TJ's face. I'd almost forgotten he was my dad's office personal assistant.

"Sam!" He said, hugging me with one hand, while some files were in the other.

"Hey TJ!" I smiled. "How're you?"

"I'm good." He replied, then eyed me a bit. "You don't look good. What's wrong?"

"I just need to talk to my dad." I said. He nodded in understanding. He didn't need to know the details but he knew me enough to know that I loved my privacy to be respected.

"It's all good. He's waiting for you. Be safe." He gave me a hug once more but this time, he added a little squeeze of comfort that made me almost tear up. I never had an elder brother but TJ had always been one whenever he could.

I entered my dad's office to see him staring face down at some papers on his table. As soon as he heard my footsteps, he raised his head.

"Hi Samantha!" He greeted, offering a smile.