68- WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?!

The entire room went silent at Delaine's outburst.

"Be quiet!" Shayne hissed just as Mrs Brown spoke up.

"Is everything okay guys?" She asked. We all nodded but I noticed both Mr Brown and Mr Simpson narrow their eyes, at their respective children. I shook my head in disgust at the fact that they were comfortably using their kids for their selfish gain.

"Someone better start talking or I'll throw a real tantrum over here!" Delaine snapped.

"Hey. Um can we like go somewhere else?" Carlos said as softly as he could to persuade Delaine. She narrowed her eyes but somehow calmed down.

"Fine!" She said. "You all better come along!" She glared at Shyane, Caleb and me, before pushing herself off her seat and walking out of the hall.

I could see Mr Simpson about to stand up but he seemed to relax in his seat when Carlos stood up to go after Delaine.

"She really doesn't expect us to come, right?" I asked, just as Caleb stood up from his seat. My eyebrows shot up in surprise. Caleb was really obeying Delaine?!! Shayne rubbed the back of his neck a bit.

"Well, if I do know Delaine, she would definitely throw a tantrum if even one of us stayed back. She can be reckless. Even Caleb can barely accommodate it!" Shayne explained. I rubbed my temple with my fingers. These kids were riling me up gradually. But as I glanced at the parents and saw that they all had their attention towards us, watching, I stood up and Shayne followed.

As soon as we stepped out of the hall together, Shayne's phone buzzed and I saw that he had received a text.

"They are at the West wing." He whispered. I looked around, wondering why he was whispering. "Trust me, a search party would soon come for us. That's why we're going to the west wing."

"And the search party won't get there?" I asked, unbelievably.

"That's where the maids stay." He mumbled. Oh!

"Let's watch pride become their folly then?" I chuckled a bit as we hurried to the west wing.

"What about CCTV though?" I asked as we walked through a passage.

"They won't check."

"Sure." I drawled, making him know that that didn't make any sense.

"Trust me, Sam." He chuckled. "Even if they did, they won't come here. They'll send a maid or guard and they won't find us."

"Why?"

"Cos we're heading to the pantry." He said as we stopped in front of a door that had the inscription Pantry above it. I groaned.

"Shayne!"

"What?" He laughed.

"You know very well!" I glared. "You could've just told me we were heading to the pantry. Why beat about the bush?"

"Where's the fun in not? Plus you asked me questions and I simply answered." He shrugged, pushing the door to the pantry open.

"Right!" I deadpanned, walking in with. I caught his shoulders shaking so I punched his arm.

"Ouch!" He said, laughing again.

"Ahem?!" Someone said, angrily. I looked ahead in the brightly lit room to see Caleb and Delaine glaring angrily and Carlos with a blank expression. I tried as much as possible to not gasp at the amount of foodstuff in this pantry.