30- OUT OF THE BLUE!

The door to the shotgun of my car slammed, followed by a grumpy voice,

"You're late." I rolled my eyes at the sound of Caleb's voice. I had picked up Ethan and Ryan before him. At the wee hours of today, I had woken up to a call from Caleb, informing me that I would be their designated driver for today. I was to pick up all of them apart from Drew.

We all ignored ourselves until I pulled up at school. I noticed the female bullies standing in front of their parked cars few feet from mine. They were obviously waiting for the boys. As soon as I turned off the engine, Ethan and Ryan stepped out, leaving Caleb behind.

"Well?" I inquired when he refused to get out of my car.

"Once the last bell goes off, I wouldn't want to wait an extra minute in school." He said then stepped out of my car.

"No practice today?" I called after him. He shot me a glare and I duly clamped my mouth shut. It was not my business, anyway.

I stretched, stifling a yawn, as soon as I stepped out of my car. I could barely sleep yesterday night. Andrew's reaction wasn't what I had expected and I was glad that at least he was merciful enough to not tell the guys... I guess?

I winced as I remembered the deadly look in his eyes as soon as I had said those words.

..."What if Candice didn't kill herself?"

"What?" Drew whisper-yelled. Then he boomed, "Is this a joke to you?!"

Unconsciously, I took a step back.
"Of course not! I-"

"Someone died, Sam!" He said bitterly. "My goddamn friend died! This isn't some joke!"

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean it to sound like that!" My plea didn't even hold water.

"Well, it did! Now, you can take your wannabe FBI nosiness and stay out of our lives." He glared harder. I nodded, slowly, still shocked.

"I mean every single word, Samantha! This must never have a reason to come up again. Don't push me." He warned. "Get in the car!"

I must confess that though I was shocked at Andrew's outburst, the fact that he didn't physical hurt me made me admire his self-control. To be honest, the way he had been clenching and unclenching his fists, I had somewhat been expecting a real punch. I had definitely crossed the line then and there. I couldn't imagine if it was Caleb or Ryan instead of Drew. I shuddered at the thought.

~~~

I groaned as I opened my locker, suddenly remembering I had Maths as first. Someone leaned on the locker beside me and I turned to see Ethan staring at me.

"Deja Vu?" I said, raising an eyebrow. He chuckled.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I was surprised, my mouth slightly open. Why would he ask if I was okay?

"You wanna catch some flies?" Ethan mocked. I snapped my mouth shut, glaring at him.

"Why did you ask?" I said, referring to his initial question but obviously Ethan didn't get it,

"Well, your mouth was open. I had to, you know."

"Not that!" He smirked, clearly pleased he succeeded in riling me up. "Why did you ask if I was okay?" I repeated, glaring at him.

He pouted and I remembered the first time I had seen this guy. He had had the same pout on his face, looking innocent and adorable. I felt my chest tug at the thought of him doing what he didn't want to just to be loyal to his friends. He needed help!