67- YOU'RE HER MOUTHPIECE NOW?

A huge smile spread across my face as soon as I opened my eyes. A brand new beautiful day! And not just that, but also a brand new beautiful day free from the grudge against Carlos. I said a quick prayer of Thanksgiving to God and for once I felt like nothing was standing in between my prayers to God. I remember Jesus also talked about reconciling with those who offended us before meeting with God and not letting the sun go down with our anger.

It took only grace to be able to do that, and God had given me that grace as soon as I had let Him in into the situation with Carlos. Now, I could think about Carlos and not wish him suffering. I could think about a fresh start with him, definitely not romantically, but at least, friendship-wise. I could now see him differently and I was determined to be of help to him in any way I can.

Was I being too hasty and forward? I didn't know. Should I still be cautious and thread carefully? Definitely. It was no joke when I said I had loved Carlos. I really did and my emotions got messed up with everything that happened. I may have gotten over my feelings for him but I wasn't totally sure he was over me since the last time we met, he had said how he still felt. It would be unwise for me to not be quite cautious, for ourselves.

I arrived the dining room early enough, only to find everyone already seated. I arched an eyebrow. Was everyone that hungry?

"Good morning!" I greeted, chirpier than I ever would have. The way everyone stared at me in return confirmed the strangeness of me greeting in that chirpy mood. Mrs Brown was the first to recover.

"Hi Sam!" She said. "You're in such a bright mood today. Slept well, huh?" I returned her grin.

"Yes. Yes, I did." I said, while my family members, Sam and Grandma Shannon also greeted me. I took my seat in between Sam and Shayne.

"Enough." Delaine muttered as I took my seat. She was seated directly opposite me, in between Carlos and Caleb. "You're starting to look like a Cheshire cat!" She scoffed.

"Is that so?" I grinned even wider, causing her to roll her eyes. Shayne chuckled beside me.

"Hi Samora!" He greeted and earned a glare from me. "What's up with you?"

"I'm happy?" I said, lifting an eyebrow. "Clearly." He did a short eyeroll.

"So, um would you like to hang out today?" Shayne asked as he took a bite out of his bacon. I glanced at him.

"In the cold weather?" I asked, incredulously. It was literally freezing outside. I know this because I had felt it when I had tried to open my room window this morning. Plus snow fell last night, so that's pretty obvious reasons for the cold!

"We've got tons of thick coats and gloves here." Shayne said. "Plus I'm pretty sure you packed some along." I pouted.

"Yeah." I whined. "I just don't feel like going out today."

"It's not like you have a choice though. Rebecca wouldn't even hear of it." Shayne chuckled. I huffed. I can't wait to get back home to my privacy. I really needed some right now!

"Manners guys!" Grandma Shannon hushed since she also sat opposite us, and could see us clearly. "Oh, you younger generation! I sigh." I cracked a smile. It was then my gaze fell on Carlos. Although, I had felt his eyes on me the whole time, I didn't return his gaze until now.

Immediately our eyes met, Carlos offered a small smile. I returned it and I saw his widen a bit. Only Delaine noticed our exchange and I noticed her narrow her eyes at me. I scoffed before turning back to my food.