58- WE'RE THE SIMPSONS

"Welcome to Île de Brown!" A voice chirped which made me wake up with a start. So I had fallen asleep! Squinting I turned my head to see everyone fastening their belts. We were about to land. Lazily, I fastened mine and yawned.

Someone snorted beside me and I turned again to properly look at the person. At first it was hazy, but soon my vision became clearer and I finally saw him! Then everything came rushing into my head like a broken pipe gushing out water.

Caleb was beside me and we were going spending the holidays together with our families!

I opened my mouth to scream but no sound came out, probably because, just then, Caleb had spoken up.

"Don't you dare!" He somehow managed to bellow despite his voice being low.

"This can't be happening." I whispered, feeling my head to make sure I was okay. I noticed Caleb shutting Dow not his laptop and finally, I was able to recall the exact details of the flight.

We had barely spent five minutes at the Brown's hanger before we had taken off. Which means I barely got enough time to say goodbye to Joe. I had promised to call him as soon as we were settled. Dad's driver had been instructed by dad to drive Joe back to his place. I had also noticed Caleb stopped his glare at Joe once he realized he wasn't coming with us. Perhaps, he didn't want any intrusion into his bullying?

I still hadn't seen Carlos but just as I was about to ask Samuel, dad had asked Charles Brown. He has replied that Carlos has travelled to Brazil to spend the holidays with his mother. The way Mr Brown had replied, one would think Carlos was a mere relative, and not his actual son, whose mother he never got married to. Despite the whole issue with Carlos, I had still felt bad for him at that moment.

Rebecca Brown had been the most delighted to see us all and she had gushed about how we Pears children looked more beautiful and handsome, since she last saw us. Charles Brown was also glad to have us around. But deep down, I felt they all just wanted to bond as old friends as well as get their children acquainted with each other. Only both parents had no idea of how much certain of their children couldn't stand each other.

But what surprised me the most was the fact that as we all piled into the plane, everyone seemed to pick a partner to sit with. The couples sat with their spouses, Theresa sat with Melody, Cory and Sam sat together while the eight bodyguards paired themselves into two. I would have sat alone because I actually did sit alone. But dear Caleb had somehow decided to complete the pairs of two by seating himself beside me.

I couldn't groan because as soon as he had taken his seat, he had put on his headphones, shutting everyone out. I had visibly relaxed since he had seemed keen on minding his own business. The peace hadn't lasted long however, because not too long into the flight, Natalie had called him on Skype and those two had spent hours on the call before I had eventually fallen asleep.

You would think the two would just mind their own business and all, but no! They had somehow managed to include my matter in their discussions. Natalie seemed to be consoling Caleb for having me as his 'family friend'. I probably would have given her a piece of my mind if not for the fact that I didn't want to draw any attention to us.

The flight had been pretty uneventful as everyone seemed to be busy with their partners. Only the parents checked on us once in a while. Theresa was too occupied with Melody to spare me more than three glances and a thumbs up! I didn't blame anyone though. I, myself had chatted with my friends for a while before deciding sleep was the next thing. And for the first time in a long time, the nightmare wasn't serious enough to wake me up with a start.