64- I FOUND SOME PAPERS

Hey guys!!! Sorry I'm seven minutes late, again😭😩😩😭😭. I'm sooooooooooo sorryyy!!!! I really hope I'm forgiven. I had some network issues aside the work I had to do. Plus this chapter is pretty short. Honestly, I'm really sorry😩😩❤️❤️❤️!!! I wish you a great read!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

64- I FOUND SOME PAPERS.

I couldn't believe my eyes. What was going on? I thought Mr Brown said Carlos was gone for the holidays. He never said anything about him joining us, soon! I hadn't even had time to prepare to face him, given our last encounter. And here he was, walking up to where Caleb and I stood, Shayne following immediately.

"Hey guys!" Shayne greeted as soon as they stood in front of us. The three boys did their bro hug, much to my surprise of Caleb doing a bro hug with them! But then I recalled what Sam said about them. They fight a lot but they do almost everything together!

"Hi Samuel!" Shayne said, immediately he turned to me. I frowned.

"With this, I'm not sure I'm glad to see you." I mumbled. He laughed, ruffling my hair a bit. "Don't you dare!" I scolded, smoothening my hair, making him laugh again.

Carlos, on the other hand, didn't spare me a glance, as he walked over to where Delaine sat. I saw that she stood up immediately she saw him and they hugged each other. I wasn't exactly bothered about that until I heard a voice.

"Well, if it isn't my future son-in-law!" From nowhere, Mr Simpson emerged. But it was what he said that got to me. Did he say "future son-in-law???" I blinked.

"Hello Mr Simpson." Carlos said, but even from a thousand miles, one could sense the coldness in his voice, but of course, his face didn't give any expression. He then received Mr Simpson's firm handshake, one would think they were in some business partnership.

I stilled at the thought of that. Was Delaine the girl Mr Brown planned an arranged marriage for Carlos with?? But Delaine was fixed with Ryan some time ago. What was even going on?

I glanced at Caleb to see him glaring at Mr Simpson, only for me to glance at Shayne and see him with the same expression. As for Delaine, she all but wore a seething expression. You could see the anger radiating through her. It was official- none of them wanted this, and none of them seemed able to do anything about it.

I sighed as I turned back to my mural. By the seconds, it was seeming more and more like a 'family' issue and I didn't want it to look like I was intruding, so I made sure to block them all out and concentrate on my painting.

I didn't know how long I did that for, but soon I felt like no one was around, so I turned my head only to find Shayne staring at my painting. When he noticed I turned, he smiled at me.

"That's some talent there!" He commented. "Ever thought of being an artist?" He said, moving closer to my painting.

"Yeah, severally." I mumbled. "I don't even know what I want to study in college."

"Same here." He said. I glanced at him with a surprised look.

"Oh, don't be surprised." He commented with a crooked smile. "Whatever I'll study will definitely be in the sciences, that's for sure. I believe it'll be clear with time." I nodded, smiling.

"I believe God for me too." I turned back to my painting and I gazed at it for so long that I barely gave Shayne a reply when he took an excuse to go freshen up. As I stared at the complex painting, I couldn't help but think about how complex my life seemed right now.

Deep down, and strengthened by Caleb's attitude, I felt there was a lot I need to know. I remember Lucas once told me there was more to Crystal High than meets the eyes. But right now, I knew there was more to my family, the Browns and even the Simpsons, than meets the eyes!