Chapter 17: Graduation

~~~

"Good morning."

"Good morning, Satsuki."

Naruto was shot a knowing look by Kiba. He raised an eyebrow, confused at what Kiba was trying to message him. Naruto soon ignored this and went on with his day.

He waited and waited as more people filled the room. Naruto saw Yu join the class and spared him a glare as he sat down at his own seat. Naruto sighed, regretting even sitting with Satsuki.

"Can I sit at my own seat now?" Naruto asked, annoyed at the amount of glares that he was currently receiving. Satsuki looked at him and nodded her head up and down.

"Suit yourself."

Naruto nodded, getting up from his seat and walked over to his that was just a few desks above hers. Naruto looked down everyone, noting how the amount of glares he was getting were slowly disappearing out of thin air.

Iruka appeared walking into class alongside Mizuki.

You might be wondering about Mizuki, well, he was a new teacher that appeared in this class to be an assistant for Iruka. He first appeared when they were all at the ripe age of 9. Naruto didn't really like him. His ability as a chunin was blow standards and should just be bumped down to genin.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, Iruka-sensei!" Most of the class blurted out, annoying Naruto even more than usual. Yeah, this was one of the reasons why he skipped classes most of the time.

The abundance of shouts and voices he hears from just this class was a nuisance to Naruto's ears. He guessed Satsuki was at least bearable to a very large extent. She was quiet when she wanted to and loud when she wanted to. All in all, she was quite the quiet person.

"As you know, today is your graduation!" The class roared in excitement, well, some roared in excitement. Some had tears welling up to their eyes. And some people were neutral and just stayed silent during it all.

Naruto was indeed excited, but that doesn't mean he'll act like a hooligan. "I would love to congratulate you all on your 6 years of your stay in this academy. It really made me happy that I have known you all. Thank you." Lot of the class roared out of admiration.

"You bet, Iruka-sensei!" One kid shouted, obviously both sad and happy about their graduation day. Iruka smiled at everyone, glancing at everyone with content and happiness altogether.

"I would like for us to begin the graduation exam," said Iruka, getting some people to go serious at this. Iruka pulled out a piece of paper from his holster and held it tightly.

"But before we do, I would like to announce who the Rookie of the Year is." Many students had their eyes widen a considerable amount and thirsted for that title for themselves.

Though there was really no chance that they would actually achieve such a title due to Satsuki being in the class alongside them. And she was already very skilled at being a future kunoichi. The only other few people who could even be a candidate for this spot was the top 2 people and Naruto.

But Naruto was most probably not going to get it due to his grades as an academy student. Probably. "The Hokage and I have discussed who should be the Rookie of the Year for your graduating class. We have an agreement with our choices." Their mouths were watering on who could possibly be the Rookie of the Year.