Chapter 127: An Old Face

The Final Arc:

RE: Destined Eternity

~~~

*CRASH!*

Naruto felt his body crash into smoldering trees, piercing through the rigid edges of the wood, and splashing into a body of water.

Naruto only felt as blood-screaming pain course through his veins, as he struggled to keep his consciousness alive.

As time went on, Naruto quickly lost his consciousness.

And, as his vision blurred, all he saw was a person looking down on him.

~~~

Naruto floated in the endless abyss, his eyes staring into the void of space that looked right back at him with the same lack of intensity.

"You seem miserable."

Naruto got up, meeting Kurama's gaze. He looked down, seeing himself with a look of apathy. It had begun once again.

"It seems that I do."

Only the two of them existed here. Maybe the remnants of his former self was here, wanting to outstretch to him, and maybe they'd give him a motivational speech on continuing clinging to these emotions of his.

But it did not happen.

Because they all knew the truth.

This was the harsh truth that they deserve.

In pursuit of Nirvana, one must be ready to throw everything away. Now, Naruto was burdened with these emotions of his that he had thought would never come when he was but a simple child.

"You know... you can let it all out. Your ability to cry may disappear, but I can tell these emotions of yours are still there; even if they are diminishing."

Naruto stayed silent; but he soon caved in, crashing to his knees and punching the make-believe water that existed in his mindscape.

"I hate it. I'm just... a mess! I just these emotions to be away! I hate this feeling! Losing! But... fuck!" He screamed.

But no tears seemingly came through.

He hated it.

Naruto just wanted this anguish to go away; because he didn't want to experience this torment any longer than he had to.

But at the same time, these emotions-- Naruto was fond of them.

Now the anger rose, unleashed for a singular moment until they washed over once more. It had subsided, settled down so quickly, that Naruto almost forgot he felt such intensity.

Kurama just sighed, seeing as Naruto seemed to be struggling.

"Well, just to let you know: Madara had somehow managed to temporarily severed our connection after he punctured the fuck out of your chest. Your healing capabilities have dampened; although I do not know about your strength or anything of sorts."