Chapter 41: The 1 Month

~~~

Naruto laid on the grass as he looked up towards the sky. It the day after the exam and he had no idea on what to do. Kakashi had proposed that he trained both him and Satsuki simultaneously.

Obviously Naruto declined that proposal.

It's not like he doesn't like Kakashi or anything — he just thinks it would be weird. And Naruto would rather see improvement in skill Satsuki's later on once the finals were being held.

But do not forget Sakura and her train. Kakashi made sure to not neglect her training and gave her instruction on what she could do for the 1 month time period that we got.

And better yet — Naruto was fighting Gaara.

While Naruto wasn't complaining because he did want to fight Gaara, he would just have quite the amount of trouble doing so. By no means was Naruto weak.

Nor was Gaara weak either.

But he won't be shaken up by such trivial matter. Nothing will. Naruto just simply needs to focus his energy onto training and he'll be just fine in the end.

Maybe.

Naruto then heard someone lay down right next to him. It was your favorite cloud-watcher.

"Ah, Shikamaru. What brings you here?" Naruto asked, not even bothering looking to the side because he already knew it was him without a doubt.

"I just saw you here laying on the ground; and I just thought of joining you, watching the clouds." Naruto sighed at those words. Though he wasn't complaining.

"I heard you're going to fight Temari in the finals. How'd you will do?" Naruto asked him. He hasn't talked with Shikamaru in quite some time in a one on one type of deal.

"Ah, that? That's troublesome and annoying. It's not worthy thinking about." Lesson learned, Naruto should've have not asked such a question to the troublesome Shikamaru.

"How about you? Gaara is strong. Even Lee wasn't enough to defeat him. Just barely." Naruto just stayed silent for a few moments, thinking about the fight that just happened yesterday.

"I know. Though I believe that win of his was just from sheer luck. Gaara managed to win through his own convenience," Naruto said, continuing to look up into the sky.

"Hm. I guess people believe in different things. Anyway, I'll get going; Asuma-sensei invited the team to congratulate me on going to finals. Though while it is troublesome, I appreciate it."

Naruto nodded silently before Shikamaru walked away from him. Once he had left, Naruto just gave out a deep sigh.

His declaration that he made with Gaara was just made out of sudden whim. It was unexpected, but it was worth while. Naruto closed his eyes, thinking about the events after.

Satsuki gave him a lecture about not doing anything reckless like that. Sakura tried her best to split Satsuki away from tearing Naruto's head apart.

Does Satsuki perhaps. . . Never-mind. It holds no important. Naruto thought. Personally, the thought that he had just got was quite childish thinking to him.