Chapter 69: Crumble

~~~

"His hideout?" Suigetsu asked as the two left the house that Tazuna was living in. Satsuki nodded her head.

"That's what the others said. But that's not important. We just need to find retrieve that blade then find Naruto." Suigetsu raised an eyebrow.

"You seem to be quite obsessed with him, you know. Star crossed lovers, perhaps?" He had his hands over his head, walking in, lazily manner.

"It doesn't matter what you think or say. Tsunami had said that Naruto was planning to go to the Daimyo's Palace." Satsuki tried redirecting the talk to a different topic.

"Uh-huh. But this is getting exciting. The Executioner's Blade is just within my reach!"

~~~

The Konoha 10 sat on the grassy terrain of the training grounds. Silence was the only thing between them.

They had agreed to meet up before they left for their mission to the Daimyo Palace.

"We're finally facing against the Akatsuki," Kiba said in a low tone. Deep breaths were heard before nods started appearing.

"How can we even be sure it's the Akatsuki? What if it's just some random person sending a meaningless threat to him." Hearing Sakura's statement, the quietness became louder.

"But what if you're wrong? This is a very dangerous mission for all of us," Tenten retorted. She, like many others, know how important this mission was.

Whether it was real or fake -- it didn't matter.

(A/N: I have actually forgotten about Tenten. She has had the least amount of development because of my negligence.)

"I know. . . I know. . . I know. But I just can't help but feel like this is all too wrong. That we're just being lured in to a trap." Shikamaru seemed to agree with this.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one to think this. And I think everyone here has this thought in the back of their mind. The thought that we're just wasting our time going on a mission that could be just a bluff. The Akatsuki are people who are calculating - this isn't in their routine."

"And the fact that this is all happening right after Naruto became a rogue-nin," Ino commented, making Kiba grit his teeth.

"Can stop we bringing up Naruto? This isn't the time." Kiba clenched his hands into a tight fist. A red hue appeared due to the magnitude of his clenching.

"How can we not? Even after everything, Naruto is still the root of all our current problems." As the tension reached its limit, Kiba exploded.

"I. . . don't know! Ok?! I don't know what to do?! Naruto was a friend, but all he did was lie to us. How am I supposed to feel?!" Satsuki left, and now Naruto too.

"Do you think you're the only one who feels this way? We feel betrayed too!" Choji yelled, angered by Kiba. Personal feeling were now being involved.

And it was hindering them.

"Relax, this isn't youthful," Lee told them in a down tone. It was a good effort, but it was not successful on calming them down.