Chapter 22: Bell Test

~~~

Naruto felt the two others disappear to the trees that surrounded them all. Kakashi noticed this and looked at Naruto with his usual and signature eye-smile.

"Oh? You haven't ran away into the trees?" Naruto narrowed his eyes at Kakashi.

"I don't like running away, I guess." Naruto got into his stance right after, eyes no longer narrowing down. Kakashi kept up his eye-smile, pulling something up from his pouch from behind.

The damn Icha-Icha novel book.

"Plus, I want to test something out." Naruto pulled out a kunai from his holster, holding it very tightly in-between his hand. He launched himself forward towards Kakashi.

Test something out? Could that mean that he has figured out the test? Kakashi thought, dodging a kunai that was centered to puncture his eye. He raised an eyebrow at Naruto.

Is he trying to damage my eye so I have to reveal my Sharingan? Kakashi mused, analyzing Naruto's hidden intention. It seemed like Naruto was not very hesitant on trying to destroy his eye.

Does this mean he has done this before? Or has experience killing someone? Kakashi thought again, maneuvering his way around Naruto and giving him a kick in the back while he continued reading his Icha-Icha.

But to his surprise, the Naruto that he had just kicked turned into a cloud of smoke.

Hm? It seems like he knows how to use shadow clones. Kakashi thought, disappearing and replacing himself with a log before the real Naruto that was behind him could even hit him.

Naruto slightly widening his eyes and creating a shadow clone right next to him while in mid-air.

The said clone threw the real Naruto away before he could be hit with another kick to the stomach. Naruto was internally relieved at this, considering on how an injury could jeopardize him.

There is a clear difference in strength between Kakashi and I. He's a very strong jonin of Konoha — one of the best in Konoha actually. Naruto thought, backing away from Kakashi.

"Lesson 1: Taijutsu."

Naruto heard Kakashi say this as he approached Naruto with the small orange book in his hand. Naruto now knew the exact level he was now on. Naruto steadily narrowed his eyes.

I should be around high-chunin, but at least low-jonin level when I use my Sharingan. Naruto thought, rushing towards Kakashi at high speeds. Kakashi raised an eyebrow, noticing the increase in speed that Naruto had just undergone through.

He went for a jab to Kakashi's stomach, but was blocked by Kakashi's foot. He redirected Naruto's arm and kicked him right to the side to back him away.

"You're quite fast, Naruto." He narrowed his eyes at him, observing the place around him. Now was the perfect time to execute his plan that should perfectly in action.

"Yesterday, all I could think about was this survival exercise." This made Kakashi slightly narrow down his lone and open eye. Where was he getting at right now?

"And?"

"And it seems I was correct; there is a potential hidden motive behind all of this." Naruto internally knew that Kakashi was now interested in what he had to say.