Chapter 122: Father and Son - The Nearing End of His Tragedy!

~~~

They stood still, swirling auras manifesting around them. Still in a slight daze, Naruto turned off his connection to the televisions and spoke a few words to his father.

"You hesitated to kill me; and look where that got you."

Their sharp eyes met. The conflict that lurked around his eyes did not waver. He hesitated to shoot down the aetheric blade that would pierce Naruto's head.

Naruto understood, but at the same time, could not understand why Minato bore fatherly feeling towards his son when the son was but a monster.

"A parent can't kill their own kin so easily. Is that so hard to understand?" Minato asked, a tone of desperation harnessed from confliction.

Naruto took a step, aura clashing with raging fury.

"No... but at the same time, yes." The life of an individual was very significant, but at the same, they can be the most insignificant thing. This can be applied to emotions and feelings as well.

Even when you think logically, feelings can sway you ever-so easily. Hesitation appearing in situations that you logically thought out.

In a person, the mind's greatest foe was their heart.

But a mind - a person - who bears no conscience was the greatest foe to the heart. No matter what, the heart can't sway a person who thought no wrong.

That's what differentiated the strong and the strongest.

The strongest - beings who transcend what was the fundamentals of being strong - are people who hold no regard for the life below them.

They were but monsters hiding inside the skin of a human.

"But fundamentally, understanding and thinking is not the same as doing an action." People can understand someone but create actions that oppose their way of thinking.

As their bodies flickering in flaming gold, Minato disappeared, appearing right in front of him with a bijuu bomb in the palm of his hands.

"Your actions bear hesitant intent, easily influenced by your conflicted ideals." Minato widened his eyes as his entire body was hurled away in an instant. His perception could not keep up with overbearing speed that happened in the span of 0 seconds.

Minato's body crashed on the ground, the coarse footwork pressing against his back. Naruto towards him, power oozing off of him with each step that he took.

Naruto looked down him.

"In the end, Namikaze Minato, failed to understand himself. A failure while he had been living, and a failure even after death." His words cut them, gashing and creating seeping blood.

Naruto manifested an antimatter blade, the loose work pointed towards Minato.

"With this, may your suffering end here."

There was a kind tone underneath his coldness. Minato saw the kindness, relieved that there was at least some humanity left inside of him.

He ushered his hand out, an electrical force spouting from the end of his fingertips. Naruto saw this and backed away in an instant.