Chapter 72: Interconnected

~~~

"Again," said Naruto, looking down on Suigetsu. He gave out an exhausted and exasperated sigh out of his mouth.

"How. . . are you. . . not tired?" Suigetsu asked, panting in between words. Naruto simply just stretched his arms out; the answer was obvious.

"I have been training my body constantly for the past few years. If I wanted to battle for hours - or even for days - then I'd have to strengthen myself." Suigetsu got up from the ground.

"Even then. . . that doesn't. . . explain why you're. . . barely tired!" He barely dodged a swing from Naruto's dagger. It was imbued with lightning chakra.

"Just shut up and continue." Naruto dashed, appearing just below Suigetsu's arms. Without hesitation, Naruto sprung up, twisting his body to slash water-boy's arm.

Landing on the ground, Naruto crushed the ground with the force of his heels. Backing away, Naruto saw the arm of Suigetsu crash down, turning into a puddle of water.

Naruto sighed, looking back at Suigetsu.

"Do not mistake your body being made out water to something like invulnerability." Suigetsu came and lied on the ground, tired from the constant bullying Naruto was doing to him.

"But I am invulnerable! I'm literally water! If something comes in contact with me, It'll just pass right through me!" Suigetsu whined while he was huffing.

"Then why dodge my dagger imbued with lightning chakra?" Naruto asked, wanting to see what Suigetsu's excuse was going to be now.

"It's common sense to dodge danger." Naruto smirked, amused by Suigetsu's contradictions that he was making. Naruto turned around.

"You dodged it because you're weak to electricity. You're not intangible, Suigetsu. Your body might even hinder you in the process." Naruto swung his dagger, sending short lightning strikes towards a tree.

"You won't be able to take on someone stronger than you just because your body is made out of water. If someone were to use an attack like Kirin, you would cease to exist. The same goes for fire." Fire entranced Naruto's dagger.

"You may be very vulnerable to simple fire attacks, but," Naruto paused for a moment, sending a large, swooshing flame towards a tree. Displaying his power, the fire had cut the tree in half. "A strong fire attack would evaporate you." Naruto pointed towards the ground, stopping his channeling.

Suigetsu followed his eyes.

The water that was created due to Suigetsu's arm falling off had been consumed by the earth. He looked back towards Naruto.

"Even something like Earth Release could lead to your demise. Do you see it? It consumed the water and used it - in a way - to power itself." Naruto began walking away.

"In some ways, your body is weaker than that of a normal human. Although, the benefits of that body of yours is rather great."

~~~

Squad 8 stood right over Guy in his hospitalized uniform. A solemn feeling was looming through the quiet air. They clenched their hands together to form a fist.