Chapter 116: The Necessary Means

"Shhh... It'll all be okay," he said softly, muttering comfortingly as he hugged the two of them, settling their sniffles and gentle tears as the Moon's gaze lit their bodies.

They stayed in that one place as the 3 bodies behind him suffered a terrible fate, their blood slowly leaving their bodies.

"I'll take care of you both from now on."

The night was a silent one.

~~~

As the sun rose from dim night, sunlight covered everything, lighting everything up as if it was a candle illuminating a dark room in the middle of the night.

Naruto's words had marinated inside the brains of man, his words swirling with insanity. Each word that he had spoke, it had struck them.

And their fear... grew once more.

"And I am your ruler - The Emperor of the New Continent."

They were words that, at first, made them freeze; their blood freezing as they felt the seriousness of his words reach into their ears.

"For as long as I have remembered... this continent, this world - it has stayed stagnant. There has been no change, the constant conflict between nations shedding blood that could have been saved!"

This comforted them, but these words that had been filled with comfort were merely fake, a false reality that they had imagined with wishful thinking.

"That's why I'll fix all of that in this singular war! You all fail to realize that this notion that you all hold with having 5 Kage are a flaw in the entirety of the system! Why do you think these wars were even possible?! Because there was room for argument! People at the top who hold the same level of power may not always have the same ideals!"

Maybe it was just his charisma that convinced them that this was true, but his words were swaying the masses, completely ignoring the fact that Naruto had single handedly took down one of the strongest humanly forces.

"That's why... this world only needs one and only ruler! ME!  As long as I live there will be no one who can oppose me and my unredeemable wrath!"

And thus the tone had suddenly begun to change, his words twisting into one that was filled with evil intent. Ah, and that was when they realized that this was not a person who held kind beliefs.

It was filled with evil thought.

"Anyone who dares to face me and disagrees with my way of thinking... shall be disposed of. As a matter of fact, I'll start with my first priority."

"Those with the resolve of a deity will live; and those who don't will suffer their inevitable death. I'll cull those who want to face the doors of death."

"... I'll be their undoing, the reaper that sews their death in garden that lurks behind those doors."

Even though he didn't explicitly say it, they knew it, that deep inside his words were a warning; one filled with threats that were not empty.

That he'll be coming after them.

"This is the order that I have and will create! One where you will all live in one continent! One where you will fear every single moment that past by."