Chapter 34: Morino Ibiki

~~~

Naruto, Satsuki and Sakura looked right towards their side and saw Shikamaru and his team approach right towards them. Naruto raised an eyebrow just slightly.

"Oh, it's you," commented Naruto, now standing right in front of Team 10 and their members. Shikamaru shrugged and yawned right after it.

"Yeah, it's us. It seems we're all in the Chunin Exams." This caused Satsuki to raise an eyebrow of her very own. That one sentence sent a question right towards her head.

"What do you mean by 'we're a'?" Asked Satsuki, slightly narrowing her eyes at the lazy Nara that stood right in front of them all. The person who answered was not Shikamaru, but. . .

Choji?

"Yeah, the other rookies are here." Choji pointed right towards the other side. The team followed the finger and landed sight of an approaching Team 8.

"Oh, so that's what mean." They nodded. Kiba, Shino, and Hinata approached them, with Kiba being the most confident talker in their team leading them towards them.

"Yo!" Kiba waved, standing right infront of the other 6 rookie genin. Naruto nodded, slightly yawning right after. He scanned all around and saw that many people were looking at them interacting.

They seem to care about our conversation more than their own selves. Weird. Thought Naruto, turning his attention back to the group that he belonged with.

"Isn't it sad? Yu didn't pass the genin test that we were all put in." Naruto and Satsuki shrugged, not caring on the old news that they had just been told.

"Don't really care. He lacked perception, conviction, and skills in the shinobi arts." Many of them sweat-dropped at the words that had escaped Naruto's mouth.

"Naruto. Did I just sense jealousy?" Kiba asked, a cheeky smile appearing right on his face. Satsuki glared at him, exactly knowing where he was getting at.

Naruto furrowed his eyebrows.

"What is there to be jealous about? I do not follow." Kiba froze, suddenly seeing that his attempt to poke some fun out of Naruto had just failed considerably.

"Whatever. It doesn't even matter now." Kiba slightly huffed, knowing he shouldn't have tried doing something like joking about other's feelings.

Naruto certainly wouldn't get such a thing. It would only go right over his big brain.

Naruto heard silent footsteps coming right their way. He turned towards the direction of the said person and raised an eyebrow towards him.

"Turn it down, will you?" Everyone else's heads snapped right towards the man and saw that he was wearing glasses. Oh, so was he smart like Naruto? Or is it just something to make him look smart?

He also had grey hair.

"Who are you?" Shino asked, observing the man that had grey hair. The man gave them all a small smile at them.

"I am Yakushi Kabuto. I guess you can say that I am a veteran when it comes to the Chunin Exams." Naruto narrowed his eyes at the man right in front of him.